GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Wow, so both you and the other Faceman had Corvettes back in 2008-2009 too?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=642363&postcount=50

Can you say BUSTED???

I see you haven't grown up much in 10 years. Please don't bring your Audizine shenanigans here.

No wonder I couldn't register there with this name, ha. Anyone who writes the word tenz instead of 10's needs to go back to grade school. Let's try to get back on topic now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Wow, so both you and the other Faceman had Corvettes back in 2008-2009 too?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=642363&postcount=50

Can you say BUSTED???

I see you haven't grown up much in 10 years. Please don't bring your Audizine shenanigans here.

Wrong year, color, and I don't have stripes. Keep reaching. At least this other Faceman has good taste in cars, too. :D

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Maybe its worth to put it at the front of the thread. Does anyone have the figures for a base map 6? Swapped the jb4 from the GTI to the alltrack so I need to start all over with mapping.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Maybe its worth to put it at the front of the thread. Does anyone have the figures for a base map 6? Swapped the jb4 from the GTI to the alltrack so I need to start all over with mapping.
This is what I've gathered from this entire thread.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
This is what I've gathered from this entire thread.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

thank you so much i very much appreciate it

joofcorn

Ready to race!
Data time, just now starting to play around with the JB4 settings. I don't seem to be hitting my target of 20, maxing out shy of 18 on 93 octane. Are there other parameters I need to shift around to hit a target of 20, or do I need to be running a little e85? Also, is anyone actually using the 1st/2nd gear max boost setting? I noticed mine was set by default, and can't seem to think of any reason why I shouldn't just turn that off. https://datazap.me/u/joofcorn/is20-first-runs?log=0&data=1-3-4-11

Serotta27

What kind of whp numbers are you guys seeing with just JB4 on IS12s? I'm trying to decide between an OTS or JB4. I love the ability to do as I please with JB4 but if I can't see numbers close to an OTS, then I'd rather go OTS.

I ask this because it seems like there's so many different settings out there and a whole lot of different boost pressure numbers being thrown around. Basically seems like you set it how you want it, be it aggressive or conservative.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Data time, just now starting to play around with the JB4 settings. I don't seem to be hitting my target of 20, maxing out shy of 18 on 93 octane. Are there other parameters I need to shift around to hit a target of 20, or do I need to be running a little e85? Also, is anyone actually using the 1st/2nd gear max boost setting? I noticed mine was set by default, and can't seem to think of any reason why I shouldn't just turn that off. https://datazap.me/u/joofcorn/is20-first-runs?log=0&data=1-3-4-11

No reason to limit boost with 4motion and an IS12. I am IS20 and have no problems with traction. 20 psi on the stock turbo is getting pretty high without a downpipe, E85 will help you a lot in this warmer weather. Twindad will chime in sooner or later. He has a lot of experience with JB4 and stock turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What kind of whp numbers are you guys seeing with just JB4 on IS12s? I'm trying to decide between an OTS or JB4. I love the ability to do as I please with JB4 but if I can't see numbers close to an OTS, then I'd rather go OTS.

I ask this because it seems like there's so many different settings out there and a whole lot of different boost pressure numbers being thrown around. Basically seems like you set it how you want it, be it aggressive or conservative.

I beat two different stock golf Rs and a stock Evo when I was is12 and a downpipe with the JB4. So it's pretty close to a flash. The upside is that you can use some e85 with it and go further than a flash. It will then also work with is20 if you how that route down the road. I haven't seen any is20 flash only cars run the 1/4, so I'm not sure how I compare. The flash does allow quicker spool up and you feel it more low end. I think the JB4 has the ability to get a little more up top. Flash also allows better fueling though. So you can stack a JB4 on it and go further when is20 or above. Overall though the JB4 is great on the 1.8. You really can't beat it

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
I beat two different stock golf Rs and a stock Evo when I was is12 and a downpipe with the JB4. So it's pretty close to a flash. The upside is that you can use some e85 with it and go further than a flash. It will then also work with is20 if you how that route down the road. I haven't seen any is20 flash only cars run the 1/4, so I'm not sure how I compare. The flash does allow quicker spool up and you feel it more low end. I think the JB4 has the ability to get a little more up top. Flash also allows better fueling though. So you can stack a JB4 on it and go further when is20 or above. Overall though the JB4 is great on the 1.8. You really can't beat it

What do you run in the 1/4? I have the APR IS20 flash for stock downpipe and stock intercooler, however I am running an AWE downpipe. I still have the JB4 but have only been logging with it, no stacking. I don't know when I will be able to make it to the track but I do have the Draggy unit and maybe I can try to make a run.

Serotta27

Thank you for your response! I don't think I'd ever throw in e85. Just want a good solid tune on 93, and I wouldn't have a problem doing it myself via JB4. I just want to make sure I can get very close to, or the same power numbers as an OTS.

Looks like I have some reading to do. I've been doing plenty but I'm pretty sure I should be reading this whole thread rather than doing searches in it.

joofcorn

Ready to race!
No reason to limit boost with 4motion and an IS12. I am IS20 and have no problems with traction. 20 psi on the stock turbo is getting pretty high without a downpipe, E85 will help you a lot in this warmer weather. Twindad will chime in sooner or later. He has a lot of experience with JB4 and stock turbo.

Forgot to mention this is on an IS20, not IS12. I've seen some people hitting 23-24 on the IS20, but I'm not aiming for that (yet...).

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Forgot to mention this is on an IS20, not IS12. I've seen some people hitting 23-24 on the IS20, but I'm not aiming for that (yet...).

Ah. I was running 23 psi with E85 mix. Still no need to limit boost per gear. I am IS20, APR tuned, downpipe with catback, DSG tuned with 4K launch and no traction issues yet.

Did you set 6cyl timing from zero to one. That turns the nanny off and allows you to run more boost?

Last edited:

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What do you run in the 1/4? I have the APR IS20 flash for stock downpipe and stock intercooler, however I am running an AWE downpipe. I still have the JB4 but have only been logging with it, no stacking. I don't know when I will be able to make it to the track but I do have the Draggy unit and maybe I can try to make a run.

I've never run. The closest track to me shut down this past year. Plus I'm fwd, so unless I invest in some slicks, it will be hard to launch. I've run a few cars on the highway though to see where I stack up. On e25ish, I ran a previous generation Cayman S up to 120 and was dead even. I also had a couple of hundred pounds of shit in the back and a full tank as well. I ran a 2011 X5m from 55 up and put a few cars on him. Just last week I ran a New Stinger GT and was pulling ahead by about 2 cars until the speed limiter kicked in. So I feel safe to say I'm probably even with a 112 mph trap speed car.