GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Quick update on the car with the IS38 that broke the motor. The injector seems to be good so chances are the end of the rail went dry since cyl1 is the last cylinder getting fuel.
Car is being upgraded with a 305lph fuel pump and a 2.0T HPFP to see what differences it makes and to solves any challenges either causes.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Quick update on the car with the IS38 that broke the motor. The injector seems to be good so chances are the end of the rail went dry since cyl1 is the last cylinder getting fuel.
Car is being upgraded with a 305lph fuel pump and a 2.0T HPFP to see what differences it makes and to solves any challenges either causes.

Do you think if the hpfp works, It would help us get anything more out of the stock injectors, Or are we still stuck at a certain level. Possibly give that extra fuel needed when at FOL 80+

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Blocks are pretty much the same. Hell, the 1.8t even has oil squirters like the 2.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Do you think if the hpfp works, It would help us get anything more out of the stock injectors, Or are we still stuck at a certain level. Possibly give that extra fuel needed when at FOL 80+
If the 2.0L HPFP is compatible, there are several upgrades that would work too, such as an upgraded piston and possibly APR's higher capacity pump.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Yeah, hopefully it bolts up with the housing to the 1.8 head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

It wont change anything on the injector side just provide more volume at the rail when needed.
The rail pressure on the 1.8T is lower than the 2.0T so possibly we might be able to hold more pressure using the fuel open loop but need to test it out. First lets see if its compatible as a direct fit.

mattkime

Passed Driver's Ed
My current setup ( I think I'm just repeating my sig) -

2017 Golf Alltrack 1.8t / IS20 / APR downpipe / APR ECU and TCU tunes (93 octane)

What experience do people have using JB4 to squeeze more power out of that kind of setup? Is there a ballpark guess at how much more boost / hp I might get by stacking jb4?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
It wont change anything on the injector side just provide more volume at the rail when needed.
The rail pressure on the 1.8T is lower than the 2.0T so possibly we might be able to hold more pressure using the fuel open loop but need to test it out. First lets see if its compatible as a direct fit.

Thanks. Any word on whether or not you are going to add feature to the jb4 that acts like a pedal box? I remember it was mentioned last year, but you were busy working on carb certification.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

2017 Golf Alltrack 1.8t / IS20 / APR downpipe / APR ECU and TCU tunes (93 octane)

What experience do people have using JB4 to squeeze more power out of that kind of setup? Is there a ballpark guess at how much more boost / hp I might get by stacking jb4?

Message Ironshade. He'll get you setup. He ran that for a bit before going is38.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Old settings 1: https://datazap.me/u/crees9/old-settings-is20?log=0&data=1-3-4-6-9-11-14-18-25-26
old settings 2: https://datazap.me/u/crees9/old-settings-is20?log=1&data=1-3-4-6-9-11-14-18-25-26

New 1:https://datazap.me/u/crees9/new-settings?log=0&data=1-3-4-6-9-11-14-18-25-26-27-28

New 2: https://datazap.me/u/crees9/new-settings?log=1&data=1-3-4-6-9-11-14-18-25-26-27-28

Running 94 OCTANE that contains E10 and cts catless downpipe + is20. I am on stock plugs for 42k kms with a gap of .0024 or whatever.. u think getting new plugs or different type of plug will help with ign2-5 pulling?

... i know my old settings look better in the logs,,, but why do my "new settings" pull so much ign2-5 timing but ign1 timing is amazing? i like jb4 i just hate how weather affects logs so much and like i can potentially fuck up my engine by pulling timing. I like how an ECU tune adapts to outside conditions.... tell me how i continue from here the outside temperature for both logs were around 15 degrees celsius outside ...

tell me should i stick with old settings and lower boost ... or stay with new settings and lower it more? i see in the new settings 4th gear pulls like 4+ in ign 2-5 ... and thats deadly.

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Please be careful. There are at least two APR 1.8T cars with stacked piggybacks that have blown their engines. Could it have been from user error? Or not enough fuel? Or just exceeding the limits of the bottom end? Yep, but it also could have been from the piggyback tweaks. Piggybacks like the JB4 which effectively "fool" the ECU turn off factory fail safe mechanisms, which, in certain situations, can potentially save your engine.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Please be careful. There are at least two APR 1.8T cars with stacked piggybacks that have blown their engines. Could it have been from user error? Or not enough fuel? Or just exceeding the limits of the bottom end? Yep, but it also could have been from the piggyback tweaks. Piggybacks like the JB4 which effectively "fool" the ECU turn off factory fail safe mechanisms, which, in certain situations, can potentially save your engine.

There is one who actually blew the engine from pushing the limits. The only other one to have any issues was because he left the JB4 on full map 6 JB4 only settings on top of the APR is20 flash. It was a complete user error and not do to stacking dangers. It caused him to have a ring failure on one cylinder.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

If anything the JB4 pushes the running of the car closer to the allowable factory tolerances making it more sensitive to trigger a engine light for whatever reason.

There are only two engines that have gone and we don't hide it.