GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Motorsport JB4 PNP for Golf 7 GTI, R and S3

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I am pleased to announce that Burger Motorsport is in the process of developing a JB4 specifically for the MKB platform Golf 7's. Its quite a lengthy process as non of the plugs are shared with the BMW models so we have had to start from fresh.
Development is going well and we should have beta test vehicles running in September with full production and availability some time in October. Currently our in house GTI and R undergoing testing for map staging and octane. Units for both vehicles will be made available simultaneously.
At this stage we have not finalized the functions the JB will be released with but it will evolve into a unit similar to the BMW unit which offers map switching, meth control, logging and numerous other functions.
The units can be updated by the owners connecting via USB or bluetooth and allows for a lot of flexibility when it comes to owner tuning.
Availability of the PNP units will be through the normal dealer network as well as new vendors that sign on and directly from the Burger Motorsport website. Support will be offered via the selling vendor, email or on a specific forum which will also host the update files, this will allow the end user to update his unit via USB by himself.
To get a idea of the BMW community created one can visit http://www.n54tech.com and the same will be done once the VAG Group support forum is started at http://www.ea888tech.com .

Edited the post to add:

We are also working on a Stage 1 unit which is simpler in function and allows boost control to the end user. We are testing it successfully on our R and a Audi S3.

Last edited:

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Topic's been silent for a while; any updates George?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Topic's been silent for a while; any updates George?

We have been posting updates on the GTI thread. Both cars are being worked on simultaneously, besides the mapping what will work on one will work on the other.
With demand of a stage 1 we have taken a step back and are looking at safe settings for boost only so we can cap the allowed added boost the customer will be able to select.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Will this support big turbos too(for s3/ golf r)? Not too familiar with how these work.

We have a turbo set with upgraded internals already done. Once the unit is ready for the production turbo we will start testing the slightly larger turbo which shouldnt be a big challenge. Eventually we will test a different frame turbo.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Have you encountered any problems with the apparent bad batch of turbos yet?

Not on my side but we have decreased the boost pick up to avoid surging. I know of many that have broken at different intervals. Some stock, some immediately when chipped and other some miles down the line.
I check the wheel play on the turbo twice a week to pick up a issue immediately in order to try get a grip on what is causing this issue. Personal opinion is spool surge.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
One of our JB Stage 1 beta testers sent us these runs of his 7 R 280hp version. Before is stock and after is with JB, dp and intake. Nice and clean. Power is at the wheels and at 5600ft altitude.

The Messiah

Ready to race!
If I'm reading that correctly, it's a 75 hp and 105 lb-ft jump respectively!!! And at that altitude! I was not too impressed with the JB3 on my N54 (just wasn't that smooth), but this sounds like a huge step up. Burger motorsport though is an excellent company with the best customer service a customer can ask for.

Fernflex

Ready to race!
If I'm reading that correctly, it's a 75 hp and 105 lb-ft jump respectively!!! And at that altitude! I was not too impressed with the JB3 on my N54 (just wasn't that smooth), but this sounds like a huge step up. Burger motorsport though is an excellent company with the best customer service a customer can ask for.

Wow Jb3 had many updates in the board, is a super old board is like an mk3 vs mk7. They are now running Jb4 generation 5, A lot of m3/m4/m5/m6 are running Jb prodcuts and everybody is very happy with it.

Last edited: