GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Motorsport JB1 MAP 6 - User Settings List and Discussion

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
DISCLAIMER: I do not take any responsibility for any damage to your car using any of these settings found here, same goes for other posters. Change settings at your own risk!

Hello all,

With the incoming release of the MAP 6 software I figured we should start a thread for the testers (and others) interested in the settings we are all using.

The basic settings from BMS are as follows:

1500 0
2000 1
2500 2
3000 3.5
3500 4.8
4000 4.8
4500 4.8
5000 4.8
5500 4.8
6000 4.8
6500 4.0
7000 3

I will start with my current settings that seem to react well to my car.

My car is running full power bolt-ons (besides swapped turbo) and 93 octane so please keep that in mind when adjusting settings.

Engine Mod List:
CTS Turbo BOV
CTS Turbo Throttle Pipe
Injen Intake
42 Draft Designs Catted 3" Turboback
Forge Twintercooler

Fuel Open Loop - 40

RPM PSI

1500 0
2000 2
2500 3
3000 3.5
3500 4
4000 4.8
4500 5.2
5000 5.2
5500 5.2
6000 5.2
6500 5.2
7000 4.8

Edit: This is my current setup.

Feel free to post VAGCOM or JB1 logs with the settings as well.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

skian

Ready to race!
I just tried out map 6 for the 1st time today.
I am still seeing some timing pull, but less than I was with map 1 and the car definitely feels a lot faster. Spool up is smoother and the engine definitely revs quicker.

I wonder if the stock spark plugs are properly gaped. Does anyone know what the gap should be?
Also I would think copper plugs 1 heat range cooler would help, but I haven't seen much info for this platform.

For now I'm keeping the settings relatively conservative. At some point I'll probably raise the boost starting at 4000 or 4500 rpms.

Engine Mod List:
VWR Panel Filter - Stock Airbox(snow screen removed)
Unitronic Turboback

Fuel Open Loop - 40

RPM PSI

1050 0
2000 0
2500 2
3000 3
3500 4
4000 4
4500 4
5000 4
5500 4
6000 4
6500 3
7000 3

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
How does this compare to map 1 and how long have you been running with these settings?

More controlled than Map 1 to be honest, the car is responding really well.

I have only had Map 6 for a few days, the point of this thread is to share data when George makes the public release.

I actually upped my 4500 value to 5.2 and drove around for 30 minutes or so, I'll do some logs tomorrow with it.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if the stock spark plugs are properly gaped. Does anyone know what the gap should be?
Also I would think copper plugs 1 heat range cooler would help, but I haven't seen much info for this platform.

Denso makes 1 step colder plugs for the MK7 but I don't have the info off hand.

ewok666

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know how the Boost Safety and the RPM specific boost interact in map 6? Is the Safety just an overall threshold or do they add up?

skian

Ready to race!
Does anyone know how the Boost Safety and the RPM specific boost interact in map 6? Is the Safety just an overall threshold or do they add up?

In map 6 you don't set the boost saftey. You just set the RPM specific values. The boost safety number will then reflect the highest value in the curve you create.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ewok666

Passed Driver's Ed
In map 6 you don't set the boost saftey. You just set the RPM specific values. The boost safety number will then reflect the highest value in the curve you create.

I've been asked to set both so I assumed that they both do something even in map 6.

Last edited:

don16

Ready to race!

I was told by George boost safety has no relevance to map 6 so leave it the way it is as it doesn't affect map 6. It only has relevance to map 1 and yet to be released map 2

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

ewok666

Passed Driver's Ed
I was told by George boost safety has no relevance to map 6 so leave it the way it is as it doesn't affect map 6. It only has relevance to map 1 and yet to be released map 2

Thanks, I'lll leave it at 5.0 then and have a play with the Map 6 settings tonight.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

I've been asked to set both so I assumed that they both do something even in map 6.

We going to see what happens with boost safety. For now rather put it 1psi higher than the highest amount. Currently the firmware you guys have received have it married to map 6 as a failsafe for overboost so that is the upper limit. If we keep it like this we will need to make map 1 and 2 fixed and leave map 6 as adjustable. For the meth users map 6 is inactive on the test firmware I have sent out but will be back on the downloadable firmware month end.

ewok666

Passed Driver's Ed
We going to see what happens with boost safety. For now rather put it 1psi higher than the highest amount. Currently the firmware you guys have received have it married to map 6 as a failsafe for overboost so that is the upper limit. If we keep it like this we will need to make map 1 and 2 fixed and leave map 6 as adjustable. For the meth users map 6 is inactive on the test firmware I have sent out but will be back on the downloadable firmware month end.

Thanks George, does that mean on our map 6 software we should not use map 1 as the boost failsafe isn't tied to it? I assume map 0 still works as expected, i.e. bypass?

don16

Ready to race!
So to clarify, if my map 6 has +5.4psi at its highest point (5500 rpm only) I am to raise the boost safety to +6psi??

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
=skian;161290]I just tried out map 6 for the 1st time today.
I am still seeing some timing pull, but less than I was with map 1 and the car definitely feels a lot faster. Spool up is smoother and the engine definitely revs quicker.

For now I'm keeping the settings relatively conservative. At some point I'll probably raise the boost starting at 4000 or 4500 rpms.

Engine Mod List:
VWR Panel Filter - Stock Airbox(snow screen removed)
Unitronic Turboback

Your timing pull maybe due to crappy gas. Have you considered draining your tank dry and putting in race gas to confirm bad gas quality or false knock?