GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bumper swap

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Any Mk7 bumper is interchangeable, and any mk7.5 bumper is interchangeable. You cannot swap between a Mk7 and Mk7.5 bumper without replacing fenders and headlights.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
@Tomfanter; The GTD bumper will have front parking sensors, fog lamps and headlamp washer covers. I might be stating the obvious here but if your existing bumper doesn’t have these, I’m assuming you won’t be able to get these features to work after the bumper swap (different wiring looms on the GTD and your car?). Presumably the radar sensor in the lower grille will line up correctly with the aperture in the lower grille on a GTD front bumper? - worth checking. Important that the radar sensor works correctly after the swap, as it’s a safety feature that UK insurance companies will recognise in their premiums. There may also be a requirement in the small print of your insurance policy for the car to be kept in a roadworthy condition, which would include any safety related equipment being fully functional.

Also in the UK, I think a modification such as this is something that to would need to notify your insurer about. If you don’t and you’re unfortunate enough to have a front end accident that damages the bumper, your insurer would fit a standard tdi replacement bumper when repairing your car - or worse, they may say you invalidated your policy by not telling them about the modification and you’d have no cover, so they wouldn’t deal with the claim.

IMHO it wasn’t really necessary to start a new discussion topic as this follows on from your query earlier this week in a separate discussion thread about just swapping the lower grille - you could’ve just added to that discussion topic - link below;

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/tdi-2013-grille-help.399071/

Last edited: