GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bumper Clip broken

BlueGTIguy

Hey guys, installed an intercooler and when putting the front bumper back on, I noticed that one of the bumper clips was broken, specifically the eyelet for the vertical screw in the wheel well. Has anyone fixed this? If so, how? The bumper not aligning with the rest of the car is driving me crazy.

Thanks

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Some careful plastic welding and a bit of shaping might do it, When I remove the screws on my GTi (done it a few times for various reasons) the bumper doesn’t move at all until I pull at the tabs between the headlight and the wheel arch, are these tabs broken on your bumper as well maybe?

BlueGTIguy

It doesn't seem that way and the bumper doesn't move at all. its just in the one area it flares out just a small amount. Everything else seems to fit just right. I will upload some pictures of the spot in question when I get home from work.

BlueGTIguy

Here are some pics. I just shoved a washer in there for right now but it’s still not “right”.

Attachments

• 47B55A31-BAF0-4448-811B-47BCED8BAC70.jpeg
    47B55A31-BAF0-4448-811B-47BCED8BAC70.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,026
  • 29B36AF6-B235-4F44-AFEC-1C82034C431A.jpeg
    29B36AF6-B235-4F44-AFEC-1C82034C431A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,404

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
One of these type of clips might work to hold it,
0419D4AD-6025-40A2-9ED5-5B97C34F759A.jpeg

Slip it over the broken part of the bumper and it will clamp tight as you screw through it.

Last edited:

BlueGTIguy

What’s the name of those/ where did you find them?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
What’s the name of those/ where did you find them?
Spire clips, (AKA speed fasteners/nuts) they can come threaded for bolts or as pictured for screws, you may have to initially screw through it without screwing into the original mounting in order to tighten it together before finally mounting, ideally though some sort of bonding or plastic welding would yield the best results but these clips could work out ok.