GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bump stops

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Hey all,

I cut all of my bump stops about 1/2" prior to installing Neuspeed sports. I may switch to DGs instead to raise it up a bit (blasphemy I know). Any issue with keeping the bump stops as is or better to have full length? I have heard to cut them regardless of lowering spring used, but have also heard some springs factor the full length stop into the spring rate.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're fine with cutting them about 10 to 20 % of the original length.
For example, if the BS is 140 mm from factory, remove 14 to 28 mm.
Some lowering springs (most Eibachs) come with shorter bump stops
delivered.

Z27

Ready to race!
Why the change of heart with the Neuspeed?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Didn't cut mine on VWR springs... No bump stop issues thus far...

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Why the change of heart with the Neuspeed?

Jury is still out at this point. I'm toying with switching over to DG and Bilstein B8s or Koni yellows to add more clearance/travel and stiffness at the limits. Tough though because I think the Neuspeed and FSD combo works really well for most of how I drive. It looks awesome too!

Z27

Ready to race!
Jury is still out at this point. I'm toying with switching over to DG and Bilstein B8s or Koni yellows to add more clearance/travel and stiffness at the limits. Tough though because I think the Neuspeed and FSD combo works really well for most of how I drive. It looks awesome too!

So you prefer a stiffer/firmer ride?

I believe you reached out to me regarding the Koni/FSD combo and I mentioned that it is more on the comfortable side.

If you will change your suspension, I highly recommend going with coils. This way you can really adjust it to your preference.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
So you prefer a stiffer/firmer ride?

I believe you reached out to me regarding the Koni/FSD combo and I mentioned that it is more on the comfortable side.

If you will change your suspension, I highly recommend going with coils. This way you can really adjust it to your preference.

Yep, all good. I was looking for comfort around town and stiff when pushed. Had heard great stuff about the FSDs so I took the plunge. Had I gone with something else I always would have been curious about the FSDs! As mentioned I like the set up quite a bit. No urgent need to change anything. Just thinking about what's next, especially with Koni's on sale through August.

As for coils, I haven't ruled anything out. I've never had them before and sort of seem like a pain and problematic. But that is purely perception.

Last edited:

HappyLegs

Passed Driver's Ed
I cut mine based off this document from Eibach.
Screenshot_20200610-183521.png