GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bulb sizes and types

lou06483

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Audi and VW
Here's a list

This should help----Listing for a NON LP vehicle (North America) not sure if applicable to ROW.....

Attachments

• lamp chart.gif
    lamp chart.gif
    30 KB · Views: 10,548

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Here's my version
Don

fatnslow1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,
A similar question appeared on here a few weeks ago. H7 for dipped headlights and H15 is the bulb that does main beam, drl and side light. Hope this clarifies things.

Pretzel1

Ready to race!
My understanding is that the H7 dipped is a straightforward cost effective replacement usually to the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited. The H15 is quite expensive.

fatnslow1

Passed Driver's Ed
The H15 Osram Cool Blue Intense are around £20-£22 each from Eurocarparts. I bought one yesterday as a spare. Nightbreaker Unlimited H7 are around £18 per pair, but H15's are sold as a single bulb for some strange reason.

fatnslow1

Passed Driver's Ed
H15 bulbs are dual filament. DRL, full/main beam and sidelight ie. One bulb does all 3 jobs. H7 bulbs are the ones for dipped beam ie. One bulb, 1 job. If you have front fog lights, they're H11 bulbs. They can be accessed through a small door in each front wheelarch.

H15 bulbs are dual filament. DRL, full/main beam and sidelight ie. One bulb does all 3 jobs. H7 bulbs are the ones for dipped beam ie. One bulb, 1 job. If you have front fog lights, they're H11 bulbs. They can be accessed through a small door in each front wheelarch.

My DRL and sidelights have been changed to LED bulbs, only one not is the main headlight which from what I understand is an H7 ?

jiisty

Car(s)
Golf GTD
It's the same info that's listed above.
Yeah, it's the D3S
Expensive to buy and a nightmare to locate and replace.
Is it better to replace them as a pair and is 4500k the standard output?

One of my front fog light units is faulty too, apparently the L/H side (passenger side UK) are notorious for failing

Last edited:

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
I'd do it as a pair, as my experience with D2S and D3S HID bulbs means if one fails, the other is usually not far behind and the headache of pulling front bumpers to replace bulbs isn't worth doing twice if it can be avoided lol.