GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Building a motor

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
I couldn't agree more with Hoon.

This conversation mirrors what everyone in the TSI gen 1 world went through. Everyone said fastidiously that 450wtq was the ABSOLUTE limit of these things. Then people started seeing 500+ on stock blocks. The ECU on mk7 is markedly better, and the bottom ends are nearly identical. I'm not building mine till it pops (if ever).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I'd like to see some acceleration info, but these guys are claiming 600wtq on a stock motor.

They can't post acceleration info because they're afraid of damaging things 🤣

Edit: Built engines aren't a strong area of knowledge for me. I'm just cracking a joke that they say they're afraid to launch the car as it's already been sold.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Honestly I don't think it makes the power they claim, but I'm sure it makes well beyond what people think the stock motor will hold.

That said, one fleck of detonation and they're going to need a big dustpan.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
it's already popped a few times. I wonder if he buys stock engines by the dozen.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
He's selling it because he knows it'll pop soon enough.

It's interesting. He already sold it as of the video posting, to a guy/company who's raffling it off. 5,000 entries, at £9.99 an entry. Even if they sell all 5,000 entries, they're only getting about $70k USD, meaning they must have paid far less than that to buy it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Probably sharing the youtube monetization too.
yeah those car raffles are more for selling information and such also... people who buy into that raffle are sellable users for marketing purposes since they are clear shots "johns" to stick automotive and gambling type elements across their screen/phones with ads n such.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
yeah those car raffles are more for selling information and such also... people who buy into that raffle are sellable users for marketing purposes since they are clear shots to stick automotive and gambling type elements to pass across there screen or phones ads n such.
I won a TMNT movie poster at the mall way back in the day. MFers been trying to talk to me about my car warranty ever since.