GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BT vs C7 Z06???

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ya, don't even attempt from a dig because oyu will get stomped. Rolling is the only way to have a chance. Even then with you having a manual i think you get taken unless you go Wolf style and drop so much weight you are rolling around without a hood.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Ya, don't even attempt from a dig because oyu will get stomped. Rolling is the only way to have a chance. Even then with you having a manual i think you get taken unless you go Wolf style and drop so much weight you are rolling around without a hood.

Next Friday I am getting my MPI kit installed and I already have the tune from Ed. Once that's dialed in, I'll throw it on the dyno to see where I'm at. I'm suspecting that it will put me over 500 whp. Throw on some slicks with some minor weight reduction, because I don't need to go all out like Wolf, and I probably could take him from a dig. Most Z owners that I've seen have manuals and don't know how to launch their car properly. Plus, Ed gave me flat-foot shifting on my tunes so I don't have to let off of the gas pedal. It does make a big difference when racing but my dumb ass forgot to do that when I raced that BMW. :oops:

You did see that I posted the 1/4 mile time for a stock Z, right? 10.95 is the official time so it's doable to beat them from a dig.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I believe the fastest mk7 GTI on Dragy is 11 flat. Good luck, you should have the setup to get near to it.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
With the proper setup, yes. I don't see why you think it's not possible.
You need to start experimenting with slicks and skinnies and buy a few gallons of prep juice and a torch. Go out to a old highway with a friend and start experimenting.

Doing a 10 sec pass on the street in a fwd mk7 isn't something you just drive up and do on a non prepped road on even a bias ply radial. You need a bias ply slick and very good prep first 60 feet atleast. If it doesn't almost dead hook you're gonna break shit. Ask me how I know lol

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
You need to start experimenting with slicks and skinnies and buy a few gallons of prep juice and a torch. Go out to a old highway with a friend and start experimenting.

Doing a 10 sec pass on the street in a fwd mk7 isn't something you just drive up and do on a non prepped road on even a bias ply radial. You need a bias ply slick and very good prep first 60 feet atleast. If it doesn't almost dead hook you're gonna break shit. Ask me how I know lol

Oh trust me, I know. This isn't my first rodeo and definitely not my first BT VW. Most likely, though, it will be from a roll at the same spot that I raced that BMW.

Last edited:

WonderWaffle

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Tried messing with new gen vette once and got my ass handed to me before I could blink. I look down I’m goin 125 and this guy passed me like I was in reverse?