GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BT vs C7 Z06???

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Pretty sure you see their tail lights rather quick, even big turbo. Stock the z06 has 650 hp/torque and only weighs about 3500 pounds.

Power to weight ratio is going to be pretty hard to beat on a car like that.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Pretty sure you see their tail lights rather quick, even big turbo. Stock the z06 has 650 hp/torque and only weighs about 3500 pounds.

Power to weight ratio is going to be pretty hard to beat on a car like that.

Well that's crank hp and tq for the Z versus a car that's close to 500 whp that weighs around 3000 pounds. So I wouldn't be too sure about seeing their taillights rather quick. I think it would be pretty damn close.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
If you knew the answer why is you asking? ?

Lol... To see if anybody has gone up against one before me. I'm installing MPI on Friday and then Ed and I need to work on dialing in my tune for it. Plus, I'm on my winter setup for wheels/tires so want to wait till I have my summer setup on (lighter wheels and sticky tires).

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
The Corvette is making roughly 575-600 wheel stock which is more than most of the BT cars. Even if the power to weight ratio was the same between the Vette and the VW I think that you would see a disadvantage in gearing (especially if the Vette was an A8) and aerodynamics once you get past 100mph. The torque is also something to consider once you get past 100mph. The Vette has 650lb ft which is a pretty significant advantage over the VW. Just my 2c

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The Corvette is making roughly 575-600 wheel stock which is more than most of the BT cars. Even if the power to weight ratio was the same between the Vette and the VW I think that you would see a disadvantage in gearing (especially if the Vette was an A8) and aerodynamics once you get past 100mph. The torque is also something to consider once you get past 100mph. The Vette has 650lb ft which is a pretty significant advantage over the VW. Just my 2c

Spoilsport. ?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well, let's look at its 1/4 mile performance. GM has officially listed a Z06 (A8) doing 10.95 at 127 mph and the manual doing 11.2 at 127 mph.

Obviously rooting for you. You must have someone in mind to race. At less than 1/2 the price I think you would win at least by a titanium wheel bolt. Small joke but serious.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Obviously rooting for you. You must have someone in mind to race. At less than 1/2 the price I think you would win at least by a titanium wheel bolt. Small joke but serious.

Lol... Those bolts go on with my summer wheels/tires. Right now I'm rockin my winter setup which is stock Austins with Michelin A/S 3+ and since I have spacers on my car with the Austins, using the extended bolts that came with the spacers. So that's why I want to wait till the summer time.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Ur may lose but like you said it'll be close to 100mph.

Get him to 1) bring a passenger. and 2) race him at or under ATLEAST 3000 lb curb weight for sure.

Vettes are fucking cheat code mode because they're light af. That car is more like 3300 pounds true race weight and has 650 ft lbs to throw at yer azz going into 4th gear.

Also like mentioned our gearing sucks ass in comparison.

I think a mk7 R or S3 would need similar power at a similar weight to actually beat one.

A GTI would probably need to be a good 4-500 lbs lighter and hope that the vette spins 2nd. And also be making well over 500 in the higher gears. 40-100 you'd either be ahead or right there with him though if a golf could hook.