GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BT GTI vs BMW 335i

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So last night around 10:30pm I went to my local car wash to vacuum out my car. When I got there, it was pretty busy with other car enthusiasts (looked like mostly Japanese cars with a few Mustangs). As I was finishing up, some guy (looked to be in his early 20's) comes walking over to me and asks if I have a tune. I told him that I have a bit more than just a tune so then he tells me that he has a friend with a very quick BMW, one that beats boosted V8's and wanted to know if I was down for a race. So I told him, yeah I'll race him and then followed them to a different location. Hung out at this other location for a little bit to talk and wait for the location that we were going to race on to clear up. Apparently, these people meet up a couple times a week at the car wash and then go race on a back road that is empty and has a long stretch to where you can do 40 rolls up to 150. Now about the BMW... The owner tunes his own cars and supposedly, according to the guy that came up to me, has tuned all of the "fast" BMW's in the area and from others in the group last night, his car is one of the fastest. The BMW owner asked if we could start at 20 mph and I told him no way because I'm on all-season tires and will get no traction at all. I'd prefer to start at 60 mph but agreed to a 40 roll. When we got the clear to head out, we both had a passenger ride with us so they could take video. We ended up doing 3 races. On the first race, I messed up shifting twice but on the second and third race didn't have any issues. Each race he got out in front of me because one, I am on all-season tires so traction is an issue for me and two, his 335i is an X-drive (awd) and I didn't find that out till later because he removed those badges just to trick people. On race two and three, he would get about 1 to 1.5 car lengths out till I got traction and then I would reel him in and pass him because my car has a strong top end power, as you can see in the video.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Way to go JerseyDrew 77. Too bad we can't see the private video.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
That's badass. Was the Beamer still twin turbo or was it a big single?

Still twin turbo with a tune and not sure if he had any bolt-ons. Also not sure what fuel mods and fuel he was on as I didn't stay around very long afterwards but supposedly, from what they told me, it's one of the faster cars in the area. :unsure:

I told them that I would like to run again when summer comes around and I have my summer setup on my car, that way traction will not be an issue for me.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
N54 is twin turbo, N55 is single.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
There ya go Drew...... Nice

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I'm trying to get the videos from the guy that was riding with me but that night was the first time meeting those people and I only got one of their phone numbers. The guy that was riding with me was pretty funny and was amazed as to how fast my car was. He kept on saying when I floored it, "Holy shit, holy shit, your car is fucking fast!"