GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brushless option...

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I guess the next question is whether we have the option to control brushed AND brushless pumps, or if it's a brushless only controller. Judging by the dip switches on the bottom, and the "two pump out", I'd hope that we could do either pump.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
you can hit him up on Instagram, he's pretty good about answering questions quickly.

RTFM

Ready to race!
you can hit him up on Instagram, he's pretty good about answering questions quickly.
Which filter option did you go with?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
So in case anyone still gives the tiniest shit, the plan is to install the pump and controller tomorrow. Torqbyte seems pissed with me, because they sent me (for free, to test) the controller a year ago, but life got in the way. Anyhow, I'll report on the functionality after a couple days of driving.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
So in case anyone still gives the tiniest shit, the plan is to install the pump and controller tomorrow. Torqbyte seems pissed with me, because they sent me (for free, to test) the controller a year ago, but life got in the way. Anyhow, I'll report on the functionality after a couple days of driving.
How'd it go with the PM5? Been trying to solve some issues with my silver controller and Arnold insists the PM5 is the ideal solution.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
How'd it go with the PM5? Been trying to solve some issues with my silver controller and Arnold insists the PM5 is the ideal solution.
Well, he's right. The PM5 makes it all so easy. And you can log the actual pump duty and a bunch of other stuff. I had a pre-production model with old firmware. It worked, but sounded like it was cycling the pump as if it were using a relay, it was clicking the pump on and off. I told the fellas at Torqbyte, and within 45 mins or so I they had me remove it from the car and shipped up for a firmware update. I honestly forget I have an aftermarket pump most days. It works great. Arnold has a TRX30 with my name on it and once it gets here I'll throw MPI+IC+TRX at the car and we'll see where it's at.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
What kind of battery are you using? They have some warnings about at-rest current draw killing a normal battery in a few days on VW/Audi cars (and I'm using a LiFePo battery).