GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brooklyn car wash recommendations

mike7440

Just got a new GTI a month ago and would like to get it washed. I would love to do it myself, but I live in an apt building, so that is out of the question. Is there a touchless carwash out there in BK that someone can recommend? Do I need to keep an eye out for anything? I would assume they know what they are doing? I've never had a new car, so this is all new territory for me. Thanks again for this great forum!

m

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yikes, new car in Brooklyn.

Good luck man, I would move out of the City and then resume the search for a car wash.:p

GFGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
There's a shop in Astoria i frequent for washes. It can get pricey but they do hand wash, and ceramic and PPF installations. If interested i could PM you the name.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Imho, unless you need massive amounts of space, you can wash your car on the street. It may be a bit of a pain, but it's definitely doable. My dad used to do it back in the day.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
What's the name of this spot in Astoria? Don't keep it a secret! :D

There's a shop in Astoria i frequent for washes. It can get pricey but they do hand wash, and ceramic and PPF installations. If interested i could PM you the name.

Firstgentalon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 1.8 TSI
In a similar situation, just got my first Golf in Brooklyn and have had trouble finding anything decent. Did you end up finding any you'd recommend?

grumpybunny

Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobaun
Yo, I live in BK with an mk7 GTI! Just got a couple months ago, after 10 years there without a car. Had 4 mk7 VR6's previously...
Exclusive Auto Boutique near the Navy Yard did me pretty durn good, wash, wax, and interior detail for about $50, took their time on it too. One of the detailers, who answered the phone initially, obviously gave a shit about his work.
They also offer ceramic coating and the like. I'd recommend them, and especially for the money.

Firstgentalon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 1.8 TSI
Yo, I live in BK with an mk7 GTI! Just got a couple months ago, after 10 years there without a car. Had 4 mk7 VR6's previously...
Exclusive Auto Boutique near the Navy Yard did me pretty durn good, wash, wax, and interior detail for about $50, took their time on it too. One of the detailers, who answered the phone initially, obviously gave a shit about his work.
They also offer ceramic coating and the like. I'd recommend them, and especially for the money.
Ahh nice, they sound great. Been going to Williamsburg Hand Wash every now and then and they also do amazing work and really take their time with everything. Almost double the price, which is worth it sometimes but yeah, great to know there are some more economical options nearby. I'm also not far from the Navy Yard so will definitely check em out.