GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broken lower fog light grille

Lfromsalem

Guess my used car was hiding a broken lower fog light grille. I found cheap ones from China, and oem replacements from several online retailers. Any advice?

RRocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Guess my used car was hiding a broken lower fog light grille. I found cheap ones from China, and oem replacements from several online retailers. Any advice?

I have this same problem and I think the real part from VW is ~$40. Anyway based on my research the easiest way to get the grills out is to remove the entirebumper to have access to all the tabs that hold the fog light grills in. The new ones just pop into place.

I've been putting this off

Lfromsalem

Ugh. Yeah, I found a set from China for $35ish. Thinking about picking up a set and staching them until I have other reasons to pull the bumper. So my immediate fix was electrical tape. ��

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Ugh. Yeah, I found a set from China for $35ish. Thinking about picking up a set and staching them until I have other reasons to pull the bumper. So my immediate fix was electrical tape.

The bumper is actually pretty simple and quick to remove, and even quicker after you’ve done it once, it’s not as daunting as it may look.