GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brand New Wavetrac LSD for GTI

vapor

Passed Driver's Ed
The box is like two inches thick, how is this a ups issue? You sent me a display, did you send out two packages and one of them was a cheap display?
I just dropped the box off at the store. I imagine that the store mixed it up, put the sticker on the wrong box. I went by today and they're going to check the video footage to see what happened. people know me on this forum and I've bought and sold stuff here before. I'm not into petty shit, if I was I would have done it to the first person to make the offer.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Who's being petty? I paid for a diff and got a monitor. Whatever happened happened and I want the diff or money back. I don't feel I'm being unreasonable. I just can't believe someone would hand over a $1000 product to a stranger and not at least make sure a label was put on it or packing tape was applied.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
I just dropped the box off at the store. I imagine that the store mixed it up, put the sticker on the wrong box. I went by today and they're going to check the video footage to see what happened. people know me on this forum and I've bought and sold stuff here before. I'm not into petty shit, if I was I would have done it to the first person to make the offer.
Can you please respond as to what to do here? Did you ever go to the ups store and look at the tapes? Did you locate the diff? Do you want your monitor back and how should we proceed with you getting my money back to me?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Ouch, that sucks! I know, when I have shipped anything that I have sold to a forum member, I take it to the store myself, watch them pack it and tape it, then pay for the item, with a total value of the product for insurance, and receive the receipt with the tracking number which I provide to the person receiving the product. On an expensive item, I always make sure that the person receiving it has to sign for it.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Ouch, that sucks! I know, when I have shipped anything that I have sold to a forum member, I take it to the store myself, watch them pack it and tape it, then pay for the item, with a total value of the product for insurance, and receive the receipt with the tracking number which I provide to the person receiving the product. On an expensive item, I always make sure that the person receiving it has to sign for it.
What's crazy is he hasn't refunded my money and is making me open a case through PayPal. I understand that a mistake was probably made but it isn't my fault. it's 100 percent the sellers fault for not making sure they packaged a $1000 item before he paid and left.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
What's crazy is he hasn't refunded my money and is making me open a case through PayPal. I understand that a mistake was probably made but it isn't my fault. it's 100 percent the sellers fault for not making sure they packaged a $1000 item before he paid and left.
Hopefully you didn't F&F through PayPal, just in case.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
If it's a mistake and they can find and deliver the package then no refund is necessary.

Obviously not my money on the line but if the differential actually got shipped out to the wrong location it's gonna take more than a couple days for this to reconcile.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
If it's a mistake and they can find and deliver the package then no refund is necessary.

Obviously not my money on the line but if the differential actually got shipped out to the wrong location it's gonna take more than a couple days for this to reconcile.
You're absolutely correct and I would prefer to have the diff, I just feel at this point tracing it would be unlikely. Communication have been light with the seller and with so much money in flux I'm getting real nervous. I already had plans to get this installed in a few weeks and if I have to wait for a resolution its really going to throw a wrench in the whole thing.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Can you please refund my money or respond to my dm? At the very least can you respond to the PayPal case? You ignoring me is what I would consider in your words as "petty shit".

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
heres some "petty shit" that the op just isnt in to. you admitted that you sent me a monitor instead of a lsd, accident or not. instead of trying to fix it you played the whole "do nothing and wait" tactic. instead of refunding my money, you had the balls to fight the paypal case (pretty petty if you ask me). after you lost the paypal dispute, the most "petty shit" thing youve done is to make me pay to ship this monitor back to you that you claim "was a mistake" and never sent. why do you want the monitor back if you didnt ship it out in the first place? whoever made the "mistake" isnt relevent as you are 100 percent at fault here. i cant believe a person on this forum can treat other people like this and i cant believe instead of admitting your mistake and accepting responsibilty, youve made this process more difficult and had me worried for 5 days that i lost close to a grand. you really need to atleast paypal me a few dollars for return shipping for this monitor.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
Yeah Vapor totally in the wrong here. His mistake and should’ve been an adult here and tried to make things right. I’ve shipped hundreds on items from ebay and any issues were dealt with swiftly.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah Vapor totally in the wrong here. His mistake and should’ve been an adult here and tried to make things right. I’ve shipped hundreds on items from ebay and any issues were dealt with swiftly.
Vapor claims it was an accident, but really how can that be. How to do accidentally ship a monitor instead of a huge lsd? @vapor is a piece of shit and now that this is over and I've got my money back I feel free to say this. The original post reads like such a scam, I should have my head examined. He mistakenly bought a 1000 wrong part, never returned it for some reason and still had it for sale two years later? No pics were provided, the return address was a ups store. He offered no solution or reason for how the mistake was made. I have no doubt if i paid this scumbag using Venmo that money would be gone. Again did I express how much of a steamy pile of shit I think @vapor is?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Vapor claims it was an accident, but really how can that be. How to do accidentally ship a monitor instead of a huge lsd? @vapor is a piece of shit and now that this is over and I've got my money back I feel free to say this. The original post reads like such a scam, I should have my head examined. He mistakenly bought a 1000 wrong part, never returned it for some reason and still had it for sale two years later? No pics were provided, the return address was a ups store. He offered no solution or reason for how the mistake was made. I have no doubt if i paid this scumbag using Venmo that money would be gone. Again did I express how much of a steamy pile of shit I think @vapor is?
The worst part was then making it difficult to get your money back.