GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brand new and broken

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Latest from dealer: This is an emerging issue with 2020 GTIs. Several have been affected, and the company is working on a new software patch to fix it. There is nothing "mechanically wrong" with the car--it's generating CELs for no reason (hmm....rough idle?). Anyway, the dealer says they want to keep it for another day in the rare case VW has a solution ready in the next 24 hours. Otherwise it'll be rinse and repeat until the fix is ready.

Well that is inspiring. They screwed up the last two model years...on what should be a perfected platform at this point before the MK8 release. I wonder why they decided to change things after 2018.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Latest from dealer: This is an emerging issue with 2020 GTIs. Several have been affected, and the company is working on a new software patch to fix it. There is nothing "mechanically wrong" with the car--it's generating CELs for no reason (hmm....rough idle?). Anyway, the dealer says they want to keep it for another day in the rare case VW has a solution ready in the next 24 hours. Otherwise it'll be rinse and repeat until the fix is ready.
Did the TSB apply to your VIN - less than 01293 for 2020?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Well that is inspiring. They screwed up the last two model years...on what should be a perfected platform at this point before the MK8 release. I wonder why they decided to change things after 2018.

Emissions and slight bump in gas mileage from thinner oil.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Figures these things would pop up as I pick up a GTI myself. Wastegate issues in a few threads and now this? I know online forums are going to skew towards making these cars seem crazy unreliable, so I'm not too worried. I'm interested to see what comes of this and if 2019s are affected too though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Figures these things would pop up as I pick up a GTI myself. Wastegate issues in a few threads and now this? I know online forums are going to skew towards making these cars seem crazy unreliable, so I'm not too worried. I'm interested to see what comes of this and if 2019s are affected too though.

It's crazy, because 2018 was so perfect. They had to go and screw it up. Lol.

The good news is, the basic architecture is the same, so they'll eventually get it all worked out. It's like they used the 19 and 20 as guinea pigs for the mk8, though.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
It's crazy, because 2018 was so perfect. They had to go and screw it up. Lol.

The good news is, the basic architecture is the same, so they'll eventually get it all worked out. It's like they used the 19 and 20 as guinea pigs for the mk8, though.

Interesting, do you think whatever they changed in the engine for the last of the MK7.5 is what they are using in the MK8?

RvamkviiS

Car(s)
2020 Mk vii S
Update: they cleared the code and gave me the car back two days ago, and then called and said VW wanted the car back in the shop to “run some more tests.” I agreed to bring it back as soon as they can give me a GTI loaner—that base model Jetta is a joke. Should be going in next week. Will keep you posted—as of now it’s running great.

cb1111

Update: they cleared the code and gave me the car back two days ago, and then called and said VW wanted the car back in the shop to “run some more tests.” I agreed to bring it back as soon as they can give me a GTI loaner—that base model Jetta is a joke. Should be going in next week. Will keep you posted—as of now it’s running great.
Who is the dealer? West Broad?

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
WOW a loaner! Those things are coveted like gold where I am..