GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brakes/rotors?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
For driving like a butthole on the street, DS2500 are great. Dusty, but very difficult to fade with street tires. Decent novice track pad, but you'll likely outpace them with some experience. Well-suited to 200-300TW tires.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
We should add and inform OP that the type of track pads being recommended depends on what kind of tracks he's using it on, if he is. The tracks I go to aren't very high speeds. I think we top out at 170Km/H at most at Shannonville on the back straight, even in a tuned Golf R. The one I like the most is DDT, where I top out at about 140Km/H. The Ferodo DS2500 are excellent at both of these tracks. I imagine if I went to GP, I need something more aggressive since I'm always braking from at least 180Km/H.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
We should add and inform OP that the type of track pads being recommended depends on what kind of tracks he's using it on, if he is. The tracks I go to aren't very high speeds. I think we top out at 170Km/H at most at Shannonville on the back straight, even in a tuned Golf R. The one I like the most is DDT, where I top out at about 140Km/H. The Ferodo DS2500 are excellent at both of these tracks. I imagine if I went to GP, I need something more aggressive since I'm always braking from at least 180Km/H.
even on very slow technical tracks i would not use ds2500 if you have at least a year of experience. at least on heavy cars like these. regardless I don't think he's asking about track usage anyway.

Last edited:

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
regardless I don't think he's asking about track usage anyway.

He most likely isn't, that's why I recommended iSweep but just in case left the caveat to not use them in a track...

Anyways OP posted the question and never logged in again lol

Is there anything better than the IS1500 for strictly street only and as low dust as possible...

(Its actually crazy how low dust they are compared to stock, something like 10 times less... and the dust itself is like a fine (ceramic?) powder.... nothing rough/abrasive, most of it just washes off with water, helps my rims are ceramic coated...)

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
even on very slow technical tracks i would not use ds2500 if you have at least a year of experience. at least on heavy cars like these. regardless I don't think he's asking about track usage anyway.
Why not? I use them for DDT and Shannonville and they've been great for my use these past few years.