GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

brake fluid recommendations

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
RBF600 is very hygroscopic.....needing to be changed at shorter intervals, especially in humid conditions .
On my bikes I will switch it out after a couple of track days. It is easy to see and feel the difference with the fresh fluid.
I thought RPF600 was terrible for track days, I got pedal fade after 10 minutes and had to back off. Switched to SRF and will never look back, it's expensive but very worth it. 30 min sessions and the pedal is firm the whole time

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

otbiker57

Car(s)
17 GTI
Here's maybe a silly question... can the GTI be flushed by conventional means? Two person, hold the pedal down routine?
I recently bought a 17 SE and it's time.

TIA, Marty

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Here's maybe a silly question... can the GTI be flushed by conventional means? Two person, hold the pedal down routine?
I recently bought a 17 SE and it's time.

TIA, Marty
Purchase a power bleeder such as Motive Products or Schwaben, much easier, faster, and less chance of getting air in in the system. Remember to get a catch bottle or make one.

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Not unless you run the system dry and introduce air to the system. A straightforward bleeding through, no need to cycle the abs.

You will then retain some of the original brake fluid within the ABS pump system. However unless the two fluids are incompatible (not likely), or the original is so old it's turned into bat piss, this should be no big deal. Even then you can go out and activate the ABS while driving — easy on a wet road — to flush that remainder, then rebleed.

Neil

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I've never had an issue with the fluid remaining in the ABS system. I just bleed/flush the brakes the normal way and leave that alone.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
does anyone actually change their brake fluid that often? mine is fine and its never been changed

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
If you haven’t ever changed it on a 2015 car, it is NOT “fine”. Not only has it’s boiling point been reduced, but you can actually absorb enough moisture to damage components like your ABS unit, or even cause caliper sticking issues. Learned my lesson years ago the hard way.