GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake caliper temperature possible issue

Dario

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7R
So changed the ABS pump, the master brake cilinder. all braking force in 5-6% diffrence . but still the front right caliper is getting more hotter. Dont know what to look else

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Are the discs MK7 CCS 340mm floating discs?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
full stoptech floating 355 4 piston setup

So the internal vanes of the discs should be rotating the correct way...& hopefully they have not used one "blank" for both sides...

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
So the internal vanes of the discs should be rotating the correct way...& hopefully they have not used one "blank" for both sides...
Thats probably your best bet. Idk if they're anything like ttrs rotors but 1 rotor is always hotter than the other because the vanes are exactly the same right to left so 1 of them is not cooling as designed because of the rotation being wrong

Dario

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7R

Thats probably your best bet. Idk if they're anything like ttrs rotors but 1 rotor is always hotter than the other because the vanes are exactly the same right to left so 1 of them is not cooling as designed because of the rotation being wrong

noup. stotech has L/R discs

looking to install back the OEMs and compare braking force/heat and see what the hell is up to

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Could try disabling xds fully and see if there is still an imbalance, though I doubt it would make a massive difference unless something is off with it.

FlyingNugget

Go Kart Newbie
Is this even abnormal? Perhaps there is a slight difference in brake torque due to lines, or intended engineering design?

I noticed my right front wears a bit faster than my left front.

I'll see if I can find my temp gun and do a similar test.