GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boys get your water pumps and thermostats

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
My theory is Daks has investments in parts suppliers for the water pump and is trying to increase demand by claiming supply is limited. Prove I’m wrong. mk6'12gti is in on it too.
Bro offers me water pumps for $83 each . As soon as I offer to buy all 24 the price skyrockets to $500?!?

:ROFLMAO:

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
It’s not 1980. Cars are smaller. Engines make way more horsepower per liter and meet far stricter emission standards all while getting far better fuel economy. And you had to change thermostats every 30,000 miles back then. If the water pump assembly doesn’t leak, do you ever need to change the thermostat?
Yeah, but it does leak.
And people are changing these things out at 30,000 miles, 60,000 miles.
All with the catastrophic possibility of the car being stranded.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
As someone that has been stranded by an 83 GTI waterpump and a 93 Corrado waterpump, I'm telling you it isn't a new issue for VW.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
As someone that has been stranded by an 83 GTI waterpump and a 93 Corrado waterpump, I'm telling you it isn't a new issue for VW.
It was certainly a MK6 issue.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, but it does leak.
And people are changing these things out at 30,000 miles, 60,000 miles.
All with the catastrophic possibility of the car being stranded.
What do you mean they are changing them out? On their own dime? If under warranty I'm sure the VW and the dealer have a criteria for coolant loss before they approve a new unit. As far as a catastrophic issue, doubtful. It's a slow leak not a sudden loss of coolant.