GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

GTEYE19

Car(s)
'19 GTI autobahn
Ordered 1/27 and received 2/27 from oemvwshop. Visiting a local shop to have the muffler and res delete installed. Pretty excited

anyone mind sharing what their install quotes looked like??

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Ordered 1/27 and received 2/27 from oemvwshop. Visiting a local shop to have the muffler and res delete installed. Pretty excited

I've got a $125-150, $135, $120. Getting it installed at my usually most expensive place right now for $110. This is in San Diego and I'm using a clamp.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG

Everywhere I went to quote me, basically, 1hr of labor. It should only take 30-45min to cut and weld so they're rounding up.

If I had a '18 and could still use the clamp, it would've been $20 (proper pipe cutter) and a hanger remover rented from the auto parts place. I don't even need to jack the car up.

GTEYE19

Car(s)
'19 GTI autobahn
Everywhere I went to quote me, basically, 1hr of labor. It should only take 30-45min to cut and weld so they're rounding up.

If I had a '18 and could still use the clamp, it would've been $20 (proper pipe cutter) and a hanger remover rented from the auto parts place. I don't even need to jack the car up.
I hear you. I have a ‘19 and work that’s unfortunately doesn’t give me the time to have it all just done myself on a nice weekend. Let’s hope this place doesn’t rip me off

Northern Rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
My original plan was to install it myself. When I bought the car I noticed that one of the exhaust tips was crooked, so the dealership replaced the muffler with a different one and used a clamp to secure the new muffler. So lucky me I don't have anything to cut, just remove and replace. Problem is that I cannot find a clamp that will allow me to join the TCR muffler to the existing exhaust system (65mm to 60mm). Looks like I'll have to pay to get it installed after all...

Northern Rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Just got mine installed on my car. It sounds exactly like something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Super pumped

Any sound clips by any chance?

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
So how do you figure out how much shipping is going to be from e-acca? They are currently listing the muffler at $383 but I have no idea how much it will cost in shipping.
Mine was 150 to FL.
It’s really weird, probably due to the Russian translation, but if you click on “confirm order” what they mean to US English speaking folks is “checkout.”

You’ll see shipping quotes on the next page. Mine was under quoted by 15 on that page so they sent a separate email telling me how to pay the balance.

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Oh ya this thing is dank.
So after a day of some driving today I noticed that there is a lot less sound to the exhaust with the back seats up.... Much less sound to the point that it's not really all that much more noticeable then my stock exhaust with a resonator delete. Cold start sounds good and it's definitely louder with the windows down but just not all that much more once I ditched my old muffler at the junk yard and put my seats up :/

GTEYE19

Car(s)
'19 GTI autobahn
https://www.reddit.com/r/GolfGTI/comments/lzlljb
Sound clip for those I interested ^

definitely agree that inside the cabin the best way to describe it is like the soundaktor on max but coming from the right location. Louder on cold start. No drone and barely noticeable passed 2500 rpm.

only bummer is no DSG farts for me. Maybe in time once it’s “worn in” but let’s see

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
https://www.reddit.com/r/GolfGTI/comments/lzlljb
Sound clip for those I interested ^

definitely agree that inside the cabin the best way to describe it is like the soundaktor on max but coming from the right location. Louder on cold start. No drone and barely noticeable passed 2500 rpm.

only bummer is no DSG farts for me. Maybe in time once it’s “worn in” but let’s see
Just talked to you on reddit lol, with back seats down there is definitely some drone in 5th or 6th all rpms.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Ya, there is really no uptick in sound until you get into the pedal a bit. I'm really thinking it is going to get even better with time though. The tone over the stock muffler is the biggest change for me so far and I love it.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Interesting. Obviously everyone is different, but I notice the increase in sound at any rate of acceleration; pooting around town, or hitting an on ramp.

It isn’t drastic by any means, but it’s obvious to me that something is different.

I also haven’t experienced any drone with the seats down, I sold a set of old track wheels and was on the highway for an hour one way and it was still pleasant at 80mph. Now you can definitely hear the exhaust at 80 mph, but it isn’t that cabin resonating, inner ear drum drone, just louder exhaust.

YMMV