GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

sneric158

Car(s)
2020 GTI
Finally got mine delivered over the weekend, no tracking updates just randomly showed up. Hoping to get it installed early this week!

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
BBE4635E-D1D5-420E-9ED9-07C24DEE959A.jpeg
Did you vwoemshop guys ever get your order page updated? I’ve been told it’ll ship soon 2 separate times with no shipping email or update here.

sneric158

Car(s)
2020 GTI
I received an email the day it shipped with the tracking #, took about 2 weeks for oem vw to receive the parts from the factory once payment processed:

1611687796014.png

Last edited:

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Finally pulled the trigger. Was debating between this and a JB4 but figured I wouldn't be able to put the JB4 to use for a while bc snow vs this will get installed once I get it. Just ordered off DAP to hopefully avoid any customs issues and just to support "local" if you will. Super pumped

Northern Rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Very informative thread, lots of useful info, thanks to all who contributed. I'm looking to buy a TCR muffler for my 2019 Rabbit, I emailed E-ACCA this morning for a shipping quote, just to confirm availability and to make sure I have a global price before ordering. From your experience, how long does it usually take for them to reply?

ExtraChrispy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Very informative thread, lots of useful info, thanks to all who contributed. I'm looking to buy a TCR muffler for my 2019 Rabbit, I emailed E-ACCA this morning for a shipping quote, just to confirm availability and to make sure I have a global price before ordering. From your experience, how long does it usually take for them to reply?
They usually respond fairly quickly. I usually received a response in 1-2 days or so (depends on time difference).

Northern Rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
They usually respond fairly quickly. I usually received a response in 1-2 days or so (depends on time difference).
Thank you, I'll have to be patient then.

Northern Rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I got a reply from E-ACCA, they should be getting some units next week. Shipping to Canada is $160 US, and transit time is 4-7 business days via FedEx. Overall the part comes up to about $750 CAD, including local taxes. I shopped around and this is the best price I was able to find. I do not know if duty charges would apply though. Maybe my fellow Canadian owners would know the answer to that question?

Also, I was reading about exhaust piping sizes, and I can confirm that it is 65mm on my 2019 Rabbit. So the part will be plug and play, I'll be able to install it myself, and save on labor (plus have the pleasure to work on my car).

All that being said, I kept on researching and looking at the different exhaust systems that are available for our cars, and I ended up having a doubt about the TCR muffler. From what I read it is pretty quiet while driving around town, and comes alive when playing with the fun pedal. Don't be shy to correct me if I'm wrong.

I rarely get the chance to do spirited driving, so what I am looking for is to get some sound under regular daily driving conditions, which I'm not sure the TCR muffler is a good candidate for. I could consider a reso delete if too quiet, but then it adds up to the cost. At that point maybe I should consider something like AWE's Track exhaust, which I find also sounds great, and is definitely a louder option. I can get one for around $1K CAD right now.

What do you guys think? Which option would suit best what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for your input.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I got a reply from E-ACCA, they should be getting some units next week. Shipping to Canada is $160 US, and transit time is 4-7 business days via FedEx. Overall the part comes up to about $750 CAD, including local taxes. I shopped around and this is the best price I was able to find. I do not know if duty charges would apply though. Maybe my fellow Canadian owners would know the answer to that question?

Also, I was reading about exhaust piping sizes, and I can confirm that it is 65mm on my 2019 Rabbit. So the part will be plug and play, I'll be able to install it myself, and save on labor (plus have the pleasure to work on my car).

All that being said, I kept on researching and looking at the different exhaust systems that are available for our cars, and I ended up having a doubt about the TCR muffler. From what I read it is pretty quiet while driving around town, and comes alive when playing with the fun pedal. Don't be shy to correct me if I'm wrong.

I rarely get the chance to do spirited driving, so what I am looking for is to get some sound under regular daily driving conditions, which I'm not sure the TCR muffler is a good candidate for. I could consider a reso delete if too quiet, but then it adds up to the cost. At that point maybe I should consider something like AWE's Track exhaust, which I find also sounds great, and is definitely a louder option. I can get one for around $1K CAD right now.

If you are looking for more sound at low speed, stick with the TCR and upgrade your downpipe. At least then you are getting a bit more bang for your buck where it comes to sound AND some extra added power.
I think you are going to find yourself disappointed with most aftermarket exhaust options with a stock DP if that is the end result you are looking for.

Northern Rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
If you are looking for more sound at low speed, stick with the TCR and upgrade your downpipe. At least then you are getting a bit more bang for your buck where it comes to sound AND some extra added power.
I think you are going to find yourself disappointed with most aftermarket exhaust options with a stock DP if that is the end result you are looking for.
I would love an aftermarket downpipe with the OEM exhaust, I really like the sound, but I don't want to touch the downpipe.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG

I just completed the install very recently, so I'll give you my initial feedback as it's still fresh.
Mine shipped Fedex, and took 8 days total, I'm on the west coast so if you're on the east coast to center, it'll be faster.

Self-Install: I SWEAR I measured my pipe at 65mm as well, but it wasn't. It was 60mm. I should've measured 3 times and cut once. In any case, the actual cut and replace took about 15 minutes, it's fast. Most of the time was spent getting the hangers off. If you do have 65mm pipes, then the factory clamp is really well designed and shouldn't have any leaks. A thin smear of copper gasket around the two pipe ends and around the clamp teeth should seal it up tight. You should be done in less than 30mins, less if you can get the hangers off easily.

Sound: It's still breaking in so the tone should deepen as the steel expands and contracts, I'm still getting a slight heated metal smell. I find it a little buzzy at the moment, and a little tractor-y at very cold start, that should dimish as it steel matures and the ECU adapts. It's definitely louder than stock, I would'nt use quiet to describe it. I would say, at street speeds, it's about as loud as the Soundaktor on Sport setting. Highway onramp merging, it doesn't exactly scream, it's more of a yell. Will a passenger notice driving around town, yes. I think the Invidia on my R56 sounded much deeper, but that was a full catback. Didn't notice any drone on the highway, but it was a short drive. So far, it's fairly good, I expect it to deepen and mature over time, but I'm not driving much lately at all. My previous choice was a AWE Touring, that was about the limit I would buy now. If i had an unlimited budget, I'd probably get a Remus. I am getting some crackling during upshifts now, they were non-existent before.

Looks; very sleeper. Unless you bend down at look at the suitcase, it looks just like stock. Sticking to OEM+ as much as possible. (famous last words)

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
My TCR exhaust finally arrived last Friday from E-ACCA. No issues with packaging and came perfect. Had it installed yesterday along with the vibrant 17950 resonator. It’s a little bit louder than stock. There’s def crackles and dsg noises that I never heard before coming thru. Very daily driver friendly, I almost sort of want a little more noise. I also have a bull-X downpipe with cat. I’ll try to get some sound clips soon!
Had a local muffler shop install and weld all of it in,
459B8CE6-B038-4630-9F3D-31E717CC9547.jpeg
86D09BE3-93B8-40BA-BF0E-8E0ECAC486D4.jpeg
Not the greatest work but no exhaust leaks.

62A2907B-8AA8-48F2-9F30-0864E5E873DE.jpeg Picture of shiny tcr tailpipe tips

Northern Rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Well I decided to go for the TCR muffler after all, I ended up ordering it last night. I feel like it is the best option for me, it should give the car a nice upgrade in the sound department, without sounding like a fart cannon. I also like very much the fact that it is OEM+, which is what I'm trying to do with the car. Now all I have to do is wait for my order to get to my door, which I hope will not take months.

The next step in my quest for more sound will be to change the intake. That will be a much easier process though as I already know what I want.