GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

scotthilly

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
I ordered mine in late august, and it finally shipped last week via Fedex. I have a 2019, so I am assuming I will need to play around with clamp sizing as I would prefer to avoid welding anything. I have a manual gearbox, and there's very little in the way of sound comparisons online. I will do my best to record a proper before and after in case anyone else wants to see hear it.
Thank you! Been waiting for this.

jscampz

Car(s)
2019 SE 6MT
Well, posting here was good juju! The muffler showed up today. I crawled under the car and took a measurement of the piping where it’s been marked for cutting, and it measured 60mm. The corresponding part on the muffler is 65mm. I ordered this clamp on Amazon, and hopefully it works out. Will post here with an update as soon as it’s installed!

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Which clamp is recommended if you have a US 2018 Gti? They should be the same size right?
I used a 65mm (2 1/2") butt-joint clamp from Amazon on my 2018 GTI.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
So looking at the mention of price bumps in here, would it just be easier to order one from DAP and call it a day? Doesn't seem like the price difference is very much at this point and it might be worth it to avoid having it held up in customs?

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
So looking at the mention of price bumps in here, would it just be easier to order one from DAP and call it a day? Doesn't seem like the price difference is very much at this point and it might be worth it to avoid having it held up in customs?
DAP also sources from an overseas supplier since the TCR muffler isn't distributed by VWoA. Though it would probably be easier to deal with them if they never deliver or it gets lost, etc.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I just got an update from Fedex, it's arrived at LAX and should be delivered tonight. Looks like it sailed thru customs at Indy airport and back on a flight to LAX in less than 3hrs.
e-acca created label 1/15, picked up by Fedex 1/16, left Cologne 1/20, left Indy 1/22

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
I just got an update from Fedex, it's arrived at LAX and should be delivered tonight. Looks like it sailed thru customs at Indy airport and back on a flight to LAX in less than 3hrs.
e-acca created label 1/15, picked up by Fedex 1/16, left Cologne 1/20, left Indy 1/22
nice you got lucky. i had a package from ecca stuck in cologne for a week. finally had to call Fedex and ask WTF. After the "trace" it shipped and arrived in LAX the following day and was out for delivery

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
nice you got lucky. i had a package from ecca stuck in cologne for a week. finally had to call Fedex and ask WTF. After the "trace" it shipped and arrived in LAX the following day and was out for delivery

I rarely come across shipping issues with Fedex or UPS shipping *banging on wood*, it's usually me not typing my address wrong or weather related delays. UPS is obviously the best and my opinion has nothing to do with the fact that I used to work at the BP hub. Not at all, completely unbiased.

The one service I've had the most trouble with is Amazon. I've had more issues w/ Amazon packages more than all the other services combined. That said, I do receive significantly more Amazon packages than the others, so the chances are much higher for lost packages.

GTEYE19

Car(s)
'19 GTI autobahn
Ordered mine from VW OEM Shop. Hoping it arrives sometime in the next month at the most. Has been shipped after I purchased it 1 week ago.
Thinking about doing the resonator delete along with it based on some of the videos. Crazy, but does anyone have links to res deletes that fit 2019s? Multiple sites I’ve seen, including 034, specifically state “does not fit 2019 model”

ExtraChrispy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Definitely do the res delete. I ordered mine from eacca and it shipped the 15th received the 20th. Got it installed today with a res delete. I just had the shop weld in some piping they had. The price I paid for the res delete and installation of the muffler was probably around the same cost as what the aftermarket res delete piping would cost. It sounds amazing. I’ll try and get videos once it breaks in.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Ordered mine from VW OEM Shop. Hoping it arrives sometime in the next month at the most. Has been shipped after I purchased it 1 week ago.
Thinking about doing the resonator delete along with it based on some of the videos. Crazy, but does anyone have links to res deletes that fit 2019s? Multiple sites I’ve seen, including 034, specifically state “does not fit 2019 model”
I ordered from VW OEM Shop also. It shipped in mid-November and took 3-4 weeks to get NYC where it sat in customs for 3-4 weeks before getting to me a week ago. I tried to order by an expedited service, (UPS, Fedex, DHL) but OEM VW Shop told me these services had a 100cm package size limitation so they posted it by mail and that meant USPS once it left customs in NYC. Once it left customs, USPS had it to me in less than a week.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I have a 2016 6MT and the CSS muffler. When I first installed there were no pops, but after a thousand plus miles I took it down the same tunnel and now there are definitely pops. I think the muffler needs to get coated in co2 for the pop effect to happen.
In any case I love the sound since day 1!

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Did you Vwoemshop guys get a shipment email or notification?

I asked on a status 2 weeks ago and they said itd be shipping the next week, then last week i asked and they said it was shipping the next day. I havent received any shipped emails and my order status still says processed on their website...

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Did you Vwoemshop guys get a shipment email or notification?

I asked on a status 2 weeks ago and they said itd be shipping the next week, then last week i asked and they said it was shipping the next day. I havent received any shipped emails and my order status still says processed on their website...
Yes. I got an e-mail with tracking info a couple days after it shipped.