GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
This came this afternoon. Took about 3 months to get. That includes the month it took for them to get it in stock. Guess now I need to think about how to best install it.

Attachments

• IMG_4040.JPG
    IMG_4040.JPG
    429.5 KB · Views: 148

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn

scott59

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI S 6MT
I installed mine today, propped it up under the car, marked where to cut, used a cheap disk cutter, cut real easy.
One thing, wished I'd left more on the car (like about 4-6 inches) as the old pipe fit into the TCR pipe. Used the clamp I posted in post #328.
Unfortunately it's leaking, not bad, barely hear it. I have an aluminum can as a shim right now, I've got some Tiger Patch but want to do a little more research before trying it.
As most people say the hardest part is getting the hangers off the old exhaust.
TCR Muffler.JPG

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Am I crazy or did the jack the price up considerably? I thought the last time I checked with shipping it was around $500, now I’m seeing $1100!
Wow. Mine was $509.

sneric158

Car(s)
2020 GTI
Man I'm jealous, mine's still in customs 7 weeks later. Tempted to reorder with e-acca if they aren't using usps at this point...

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
I pray somebody uploads a before and after with a manual! Can’t seem to find one anywhere whatsoever.
Buddy near me just got his last week that will be going on a 2019 6 speed car and have the resonator deleted. I will try to get him to collaborate with me on some video as I have a 7 speed DSG car and also a res delete. I think he is better with the video stuff than me. We also both have IE V2 intakes, so should be a really good sound comparison of Manual vs DSG. He is on this forum somewhere, just not posting. Were you at Rich?

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Had it installed today at a local muffler shop. I showed them the 3 dot impressions on the existing pipe and told them to cut at the middle dot. They did and replaced the OE GTI muffler with the TCR unit using a 65mm butt joint clamp. Fit perfectly. The rest of my entire exhaust is stock. I like the sound. Not very loud, no drone. Sounds better and louder as the revs build and the "DGS farts" are great. This is just the result I was looking for. My thanks to GTI Jake for steering me this way.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Wow. Mine was $509.
Well I'm dumb, didn't realize I had two in my cart lol.

Even with adjusting it to one, the base price has definitely jumped up, it's $452 now plus $209 shipping. I distinctly remember it was around $450 shipped maybe 2-3 weeks ago when I was contemplating it.

jscampz

Car(s)
2019 SE 6MT
I ordered mine in late august, and it finally shipped last week via Fedex. I have a 2019, so I am assuming I will need to play around with clamp sizing as I would prefer to avoid welding anything. I have a manual gearbox, and there's very little in the way of sound comparisons online. I will do my best to record a proper before and after in case anyone else wants to see hear it.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Pro tip for those thinking of filming a video. Don't just take a video of your car idling or free revving, get an actual clip of your car accelerating.

The amount of videos on YouTube with a cold start/free rev is annoying because it doesn't give you any sense of what the car sounds during acceleration. We all know they sound like tractors idling, it's not helping the cause.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Pro tip for those thinking of filming a video. Don't just take a video of your car idling or free revving, get an actual clip of your car accelerating.

The amount of videos on YouTube with a cold start/free rev is annoying because it doesn't give you any sense of what the car sounds during acceleration. We all know they sound like tractors idling, it's not helping the cause.
100% ill make sure our vids are of rollers, drivebys

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I ordered mine in late august, and it finally shipped last week via Fedex. I have a 2019, so I am assuming I will need to play around with clamp sizing as I would prefer to avoid welding anything. I have a manual gearbox, and there's very little in the way of sound comparisons online. I will do my best to record a proper before and after in case anyone else wants to see hear it.
Dosn't look like you have a Rabbit, so the pipe size should be the same. Best to just lay down and give it a quick measure to be sure.