GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Well, it’s been almost three months (October 20)since I attempted to order a tcr muffler. I finally cancelled my order with e-Acca since they still could not provide a clear ETA on when they’d be back in stock.

scott59

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI S 6MT
I ordered mine from Deutsche on December 21, got a notice yesterday that it's on it's way, supposed to be here Wednesday. Kinda surprised, when I ordered they said it would be 60 to 90 days.

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Hey guys i guess mine is shipping in a week from oemvwshop!
My local muffler shop says they’d be welding mine on for $120-150. Can anyone provide a link for a clamp for a US 2018 Gti SE? I believe my exhaust piping should be the same size as the TCR muffler right?

what are the downsides to welding besides not as easily removable...

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Well, it’s been almost three months (October 20)since I attempted to order a tcr muffler. I finally cancelled my order with e-Acca since they still could not provide a clear ETA on when they’d be back in stock.
I ordered mine at oemvwshop on 12/22. They said mine will ship next week. It was about 30 euro more though..

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Ordered mine 10.10.20 from OEM VW Shop. Shipped 11.11.20 and was processed at the ISC (International Service Center) in NY on 12.3.20 at 6:30 pm. That is the last tracking reported for my package. I have filed missing mail requests, etc. but USPS "resolved" my problem by reporting it was "processed at the ISC on December 3, 2020." I had tried to have it shipped using expedited shipping by UPS, Fedex or DHL but they all had a 100cm size limit so it shipped by international post to the USPS. I think I am screwed.

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
That's a bummer man, Hopefully it'll eventually make it to your doorstep. USPS as of late has been exceptionally bad. In fact, I mailed something off to Southern california(i'm in northern california) on dec 31 and it still hasnt made it.

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Ordered mine 10.10.20 from OEM VW Shop. Shipped 11.11.20 and was processed at the ISC (International Service Center) in NY on 12.3.20 at 6:30 pm. That is the last tracking reported for my package. I have filed missing mail requests, etc. but USPS "resolved" my problem by reporting it was "processed at the ISC on December 3, 2020." I had tried to have it shipped using expedited shipping by UPS, Fedex or DHL but they all had a 100cm size limit so it shipped by international post to the USPS. I think I am screwed.
You still havent got yours? How the hell did they lose a whole muffler. Man im sorry, can you take it up with your credit card company?

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
You still havent got yours? How the hell did they lose a whole muffler. Man im sorry, can you take it up with your credit card company?
OEM VW Shop is trying to track it from their end. They say it will be delivered and they have had similar problems with USPS lately.

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
Just throwing my 2 cents out there, I was on the hunt for an exhaust over a year ago and ending up settling on the COB cat back. Little more pricey than what you guys are talking about here for just the exhaust but I'm extremely happy with it. Not too loud, has a nice deep tone to it and does not drone at ALL on the highway which is exactly what I wanted. If anyone is interested I can throw up a video, its been on for over a year only a few thousand miles on it but It should be broken in by now.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Here is what I just found out. I called and actually got thru to my main post office and they tracked it. Instead of just telling me the same thing I was getting when I tracked it myself, "Processed thru ISC (International Service Center) in NY on Dec 3 2020", she reported that it is in customs and USPS has no control over it while in customs. It comes into this country, is given to Customs and once cleared by them it is handed over to USPS for delivery to me. She said she has seen packages clear Customs in a day or 2 all the way to a couple of months of longer. I asked if there was a way I could contact customs about the package and she said there was not, even the USPS can't. If there is a problem Customs will contact me or the sender. Not the best news but at least I got something. Now I can pass this on to OEM VW Shop to see if they can do anything from their end.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Here is what I just found out. I called and actually got thru to my main post office and they tracked it. Instead of just telling me the same thing I was getting when I tracked it myself, "Processed thru ISC (International Service Center) in NY on Dec 3 2020", she reported that it is in customs and USPS has no control over it while in customs. It comes into this country, is given to Customs and once cleared by them it is handed over to USPS for delivery to me. She said she has seen packages clear Customs in a day or 2 all the way to a couple of months of longer. I asked if there was a way I could contact customs about the package and she said there was not, even the USPS can't. If there is a problem Customs will contact me or the sender. Not the best news but at least I got something. Now I can pass this on to OEM VW Shop to see if they can do anything from their end.
Good luck. I think youll eventusally get it. It's a giant box, kind of hard to "lose" so unless label got ripped off, I don't think it will vanish like some small box

sneric158

Car(s)
2020 GTI
Mine's sitting right next to yours in customs somewhere: "Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 6:32 pm on December 3, 2020" . Spoke with USPS today and they said the New York facility was running about 4 weeks behind schedule, OEM VW Shop was trying to get a status update from their end.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Mine's sitting right next to yours in customs somewhere: "Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 6:32 pm on December 3, 2020" . Spoke with USPS today and they said the New York facility was running about 4 weeks behind schedule, OEM VW Shop was trying to get a status update from their end.
Lets hope it all works out in the end. It took me 8 months to get some Holden HSV parts from Australia for my G8.