GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
I ordered a TCR muffler on Oct 20th and emailed them last month. They told me it was backordered with no ETA of when they'd be receiving it. I may have to cancel soon.
Damn really? I thought it was available due to the little green check mark next to the part number...

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I ordered mine from OEM VW Shop in Slovakia on 10/20/20. Their lead time was better than e-acca was quoting. They said 30 days or less. e-acca said 60-90 days. Pricing was very close. It shipped on 11/11/20 and was logged into the ISC (International Service Center) in NYC on 12/3/20.
This is the last status posted:
"2020-12-03 18:31ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 6:31 pm on December 3, 2020."

Tracking on the USPS site says delivery date unknown.
I filed a lost package request a few days ago asking where my package was and told them this was the last tracking entry :
"2020-12-03 18:31ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 6:31 pm on December 3, 2020."

I got an e-mail reply saying my problem had been "resolved" and that my package had processed thru the ISC on 12/3/20.

What BS. They told me what I told them and then patted themselves on the back.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I ordered mine from OEM VW Shop in Slovakia on 10/20/20. Their lead time was better than e-acca was quoting. They said 30 days or less. e-acca said 60-90 days. Pricing was very close. It shipped on 11/11/20 and was logged into the ISC (International Service Center) in NYC on 12/3/20.

I filed a lost package request a few days ago asking where my package was and told them this was the last tracking entry :

I got an e-mail reply saying my problem had been "resolved" and that my package had processed thru the ISC on 12/3/20.

USPS is the absolute worst.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
USPS is the absolute worst.

Ain't it the truth. I requested UPS, FEDEX or even DHL when I ordered but the order went to USPS. Not happy.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ain't it the truth. I requested UPS, FEDEX or even DHL when I ordered but the order went to USPS. Not happy.
I got an email from from USPS apologizing for the delays because of the extra volume of mail due to Christmas and with more people mailing packages because of Covid and having so many of their employees out due to Covid. UPS and FedEx are behind too. I've been waiting on a package from UPS that was shipped 4 days ago from California and I'm in Arizona and it's usually 1 or 2 days max normally.

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE

Thanks for this post. Just cancelled my e-acca order and ordered from here. No eta from eacca so the extra 30 euro isn’t that bad. I picked Dhl shipping, did you get charged more at all?

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Thanks for this post. Just cancelled my e-acca order and ordered from here. No eta from eacca so the extra 30 euro isn’t that bad. I picked Dhl shipping, did you get charged more at all?
EDITED TO ADD: I did some checking with them, the Express shippers have a 100cm size limit. The muffler's package is bigger so it will ship by USPS once it gets to the states.

I chose one of the other carriers they listed except USPS. I don't remember which. Might have been DHL, FEDEX or UPS. I paid the amount they quoted. They used USPS anyway but I did not know that until it reached the US. It is now lost somewhere in the USPS system. Tracking shows it being sent to the USA and handed off to the International Service Center (ISC) of the USPS in NYC on Dec 3. That is the last tracking report and missing mail requests and tracking requests all just report the hand-off to USPS on Dec 3rd. Don't when or if I will ever see it. For a while after the Dec 3rd hand-off it was listed in my Informed Delivery daily notice with "delivery date unknown". Now it no longer is in my ID report and I can't add the tracking number to my list because the number has timed out. I think I am screwed. I wish you better luck than I am having.

Last edited:

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
EDITED TO ADD: I did some checking with them, the Express shippers have a 100cm size limit. The muffler's package is bigger so it will ship by USPS once it gets to the states.

I chose one of the other carriers they listed except USPS. I don't remember which. Might have been DHL, FEDEX or UPS. I paid the amount they quoted. They used USPS anyway but I did not know that until it reached the US. It is now lost somewhere in the USPS system. Tracking shows it being sent to the USA and handed off to the International Service Center (ISC) of the USPS in NYC on Dec 3. That is the last tracking report and missing mail requests and tracking requests all just report the hand-off to USPS on Dec 3rd. Don't when or if I will ever see it. For a while after the Dec 3rd hand-off it was listed in my Informed Delivery daily notice with "delivery date unknown". Now it no longer is in my ID report and I can't add the tracking number to my list because the number has timed out. I think I am screwed. I wish you better luck than I am having.
USPS is a shit show right now w/ holidays and covid. I had similar (not international) saying delivery unknown for about 2-3 weeks and then randomly showed up.

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE

My order is currently just in “processing”. So excited for this thing wish it would just come already 🤬🤬

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
My order is currently just in “processing”. So excited for this thing wish it would just come already 🤬🤬
im in socal as well so lmk if you .want to sell it later ;)

GTEYE19

Car(s)
'19 GTI autobahn
So I’ve done the full read-through and pretty excited to start scavenging the sites for a TCR muffler.
I’m a ‘19 autobahn. Just measured the piping just passed the resonator box and it’s about ~19cm = 2.37” diameter. Can anyone here clarify how they had theirs installed? I was really hoping to not having anything welded.

scott59

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI S 6MT
I order one and now waiting, not expecting it for a couple more month's.

GTEYE19, I have a '19 S. I measured my pipe and it looks to be 60mm diameter. I'm planning to order a cheap exhaust pipe cutter, clamp and some tail pipe bandage, I think it should work, (fingers crossed).
I don't want to weld either, I'm getting a clamp like this. I to would like to hear from someone whose installed theirs, seems most people go to a muffler shop.
Lap Jt Band.jpg

GTEYE19

Car(s)
'19 GTI autobahn
I order one and now waiting, not expecting it for a couple more month's.

GTEYE19, I have a '19 S. I measured my pipe and it looks to be 60mm diameter. I'm planning to order a cheap exhaust pipe cutter, clamp and some tail pipe bandage, I think it should work, (fingers crossed).
I don't want to weld either, I'm getting a clamp like this. I to would like to hear from someone whose installed theirs, seems most people go to a muffler shop.
View attachment 198359
Ah good luck man. Same for me as well, would deff like to hear how most people had their muffler-shops install this: welding or not...