GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
bumping this thread as there is a lot of 18'19 talk but no mention of 20's. I just got the car and havent crawled underneath to measure, but has anyone put it on a 2020 yet? Curious on what the verdict was about diameter of it, etc.

Regardless of 60 or 65mm, any decent muffler shop can install the muffler on any 18, 19, 20, or 21.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Regardless of 60 or 65mm, any decent muffler shop can install the muffler on any 18, 19, 20, or 21.
Thanks, only reason I asked is I like the idea of using the clamp and having it easily be removed and reverted back to stock if I got sick of it. No welding required then. Speaking of clamps are people ordering it from eacca too?
1K0-253-141-AA
is that the correct P/N ?

ottothecow

Seems to me like you could do a length of reducer pipe like this and 2 clamps:
1605743559405.png

Then if you want to go back to stock, you just swap for an equal length piece of straight tube.

I would assume a decent muffler shop could make such a piece if you can't find one online with either a swager or expander tool. Couldn't imagine they'd charge you very much for it.

I'm thinking of doing something similar myself.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks, only reason I asked is I like the idea of using the clamp and having it easily be removed and reverted back to stock if I got sick of it. No welding required then. Speaking of clamps are people ordering it from eacca too?
1K0-253-141-AA
is that the correct P/N ?

There are 65mm to 60 mm clamps, so you'll be good either way.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
There are 65mm to 60 mm clamps, so you'll be good either way.

Seems to me like you could do a length of reducer pipe like this and 2 clamps:
View attachment 193158

Then if you want to go back to stock, you just swap for an equal length piece of straight tube.

I would assume a decent muffler shop could make such a piece if you can't find one online with either a swager or expander tool. Couldn't imagine they'd charge you very much for it.

I'm thinking of doing something similar myself.

Thanks fellas

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks fellas

First things first, measure the piping post resonator and see if it's 65 or 60. To my knowledge, the Rabbits are the only mk7 to have 60mm piping post resonator. Pissea me off, because that's insane and it affects my car. I've measured mine, it is 60mm.

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Hey guys I ordered a TCR muffler from eacca 3 days ago and haven’t heard anything. Pretty sure they have them in stock as it said they’re available on the website. Am I missing anything?

will be installing it on a 2018 GTI Dsg with resonator delete. Hopefully I can get you guys some footage as it seems I can’t find any of a car with stock DP and red delete.

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Anybody order one from e-Acca recently? I haven’t heard a peep from them in 2 weeks. Do they give you a tracking number or shipping confirmation?

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Check your order page, after the part# in the itemized list, there should be a date they expect the part at their warehouse. Send them an email them for an update if it's past that date

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Anybody order one from e-Acca recently? I haven’t heard a peep from them in 2 weeks. Do they give you a tracking number or shipping confirmation?
E-acca often orders parts, which takes a few weeks and then emails you once they have it with an updated official shipping quote, etc. I'll probably be ordering my TCR exhaust in the next month or so

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I ordered a TCR muffler on Oct 20th and emailed them last month. They told me it was backordered with no ETA of when they'd be receiving it. I may have to cancel soon.