GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Finally got it on! I made a video, no before video though I didn't have the time sorry. I'm sure you know what our cars sound like stock lol: *woosh sound*

Installation: The muffler's diameter was actually larger so the clamp I had purchased didn't work. The shop had to increase the size and weld it on unfortunately. Oh well let's hope they did a good job.

Sound: It's literally perfect. No drone, quiet when needed to be, sounds awesome with the windows down (and even up), and the sound is literally perfect so it doesn't sound like the typical 4 banger. It's what I think the car should have sounded like stock. I highly recommend this mod.

Video:

Thanks for the review! Did you order from E-ACCA? If so, how long did it take to come in?

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
Thanks for the review! Did you order from E-ACCA? If so, how long did it take to come in?
I got it from trackhack parts, took about a month to get to my house in virginia. On top of the price shown on the website they then email you an invoice of about 120 for shipping.

EuropeanJob

So I've mounted my TCR muffler today and wanted to give you a feedback on it:

Warm Start: Hardly a difference.
Cold Start: Nice raspy sound, but not loud af.
Driving: Nice sound, much louder. Also inside. DSG Farts sound like explosions.
Crusing: No drone but it's definetly louder.

Fitting was done in 10 minutes as my 17 GTI had 65mm.
For me, this is the only exhaust mode you really need AND it definetly sounds better than the 1000€ Remus system.
BUT my car has no OPF or second cat and the 6speed DSG

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
So I've mounted my TCR muffler today and wanted to give you a feedback on it:

Warm Start: Hardly a difference.
Cold Start: Nice raspy sound, but not loud af.
Driving: Nice sound, much louder. Also inside. DSG Farts sound like explosions.
Crusing: No drone but it's definetly louder.

Fitting was done in 10 minutes as my 17 GTI had 65mm.
For me, this is the only exhaust mode you really need AND it definetly sounds better than the 1000€ Remus system.
BUT my car has no OPF or second cat and the 6speed DSG
I may get one from ShopDap here soon. I’ve had one in my cart for like a month now there. This review makes me want to pull the trigger today lol

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I got it from trackhack parts, took about a month to get to my house in virginia. On top of the price shown on the website they then email you an invoice of about 120 for shipping.

I'm getting a 250AUD shipping fee to California on their website. Did you see something like or did they recently update their page?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
250 AUD is about 160 USD, so not far off Ricola's shipping cost of $120 (assuming the 120 is USD).

Propritor here. Unfortunately COVID has driven up EMS shipping costs so I'm having to use Fedex which is more expensive (but still cheaper than EMS now). Hence the increase in shipping.
I'm working on being able to ship these out quicker. Supply is slow. Hoping to improve this.

ottothecow

Finally got it on! I made a video, no before video though I didn't have the time sorry. I'm sure you know what our cars sound like stock lol: *woosh sound*

Installation: The muffler's diameter was actually larger so the clamp I had purchased didn't work. The shop had to increase the size and weld it on unfortunately. Oh well let's hope they did a good job.

Sound: It's literally perfect. No drone, quiet when needed to be, sounds awesome with the windows down (and even up), and the sound is literally perfect so it doesn't sound like the typical 4 banger. It's what I think the car should have sounded like stock. I highly recommend this mod.

Video:

Is there a different clamp/adapter that would have worked?

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
I will be ordering one from e-acca.com . Then once I get it, I will have saved enough up to get a shop to do the install :D.

<--- hates being under a car

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
I will be ordering one from e-acca.com . Then once I get it, I will have saved enough up to get a shop to do the install :D.

<--- hates being under a car
Just make sure you shop around. I went to 3 different muffler shops. The most expensive wanted $250. The place that ended up doing it charged me $80+tax.
Be warned. Every single muffler shop will ask you why replace an oem muffler with another oem muffler on such a new car. You will get dirty looks.

EuropeanJob

I've driven around 700km (430mi) with my TCR muffler on my 17' GTI.
As someone said before the sound has changed over time.
Its way deeper and louder than it was when I first mounted it.
So for now I don't think you need any other exhaust upgrades as this exhaust is pretty loud for only changing the muffler.
But again note that my GTI has no OPF so it will be different on your cars.