GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
What?! Oh man. I guess that means when I receive my muffler, it will need to be welded instead of clamps. I'll keep you guys posted. I'll probably go buy a caliper after work to measure my pipe diameter. Thats just super strange to me that they would change the exhaust piping for 1 year. You'd think they would have done that with the facelift to MK7.5.

Please do keep us updated. I was planning on buying this up until I read this for my '19.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Can confirm that piping between resonator and suitcase IS 2.37 on 2019 models. Found this out when installing Resonator delete. At the same time though, it's really not that big of a deal. Any reputable exhaust will have a pipe expander.
IMG_20200124_084010459.jpg

This is on the resonator side, but you get the idea. I will take this section back and have them expand the other side as well when my TCR gets here. And best of all it cost $0. I'm sure at least one guy in your car group is cool with the muffler guy. If not, become that guy. They have tools none of us can afford and are normally super helpful with this stuff. Worst case scenario I have him make this section out of 2.5 and it's the same all the way through; he told me $30 for that section, or $20 to weld it. I think alot of you are over thinking this. Remember, there guys on here doing full muffler deletes for $150 and that's alot more work than just one weld or stretch.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Wish the TCR muffler tips weren't chrome... Would have been nice if VW released an OEM accessory slip on cover etc to mask the chrome.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Anyone know or have any links to people running a resonator delete + CSS/TCR muffler?
Looking for same, as this will be the setup I'll have

Slowmk7.5

Also in the same boat, plan on bolting up the TCR exhaust and trying it out for a few days. If I don’t like it paired with the res delete I will just swap back to the oem resonator.

Raeyman_

^ Ditto. I was wondering what the final cost was on e-acca from anyone who has bought it recently. Thinking of buying one as well for my MK7.5.
I'm located in Florida

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Didn’t purchase yet. Waiting for some reviews and videos here. When I looked it was about $90 IIRC

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
The ones I’ve seen haven’t been great. Thanks.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
The 2018 and older GTI's had 2.5" catback piping.
The 2019 and up GTI has 2.37" catback piping.
I found this out when I bought a used 2019 catback to use some parts from, and the piping was smaller than my stock 2018 catback.
(Confirmed on USA cars in my video.)

So the same question. Does the TCR muffler have 2.37" piping or 2.5" piping. Less-observant people might not even notice the slight difference, and they might have a tiny mysterious leak.

Out of curiosity, do you know which trim level the 2019 exhaust you used was from? A reddit user mentioned while he was looking for a resonator delete kit, the manufacturer specifically mentioned that they do not fit the 2019 Rabbit models. I wonder if it is only the Rabbit model that has the smaller 2.37" piping.

Edit: CTS Turbo specifies that their resonator delete kit does not fit Rabbit models. 034Motorsport says "Does NOT fit 2019 Volkwagen GTI with engine code DKFA". I wonder if this is the culprit..

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
I have just ordered the TCR muffler from Track Hack Parts for my '19 GTI. Cannot wait to get it installed!
$300 USD for muffler, shipping on average is $165 to the US. Will keep this posted with updates and hopefully a sound clip. I'm 100% stock right now.

(edit) typos

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Received my TCR muffler on Monday, and got in welded in by a local exhaust shop for $88 out the door yesterday. Its.... very quiet. To me it sounds like I just unmutted the soundaktor. Its just noticibly louder than stock to GTI owners, but no one else will know you changed out your muffler. My wife definitely didn't notice. Also I couldnt hear any DSG Farts. Muffler, shipping, and install included I'm at about $500. I kind of wish I had just picked up a AWE Track exhaust during their black Friday/winter sale.