GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Update on my order from E-ACCA. Ordered JAN-21. They ordered it from the dealer, and its supposed to arrive to their facility on FEB-04. Since I want it to deliver before I leave for vacation, they told me they would reach out to me once my order has been packed, so we could go over different shipping options. This is my first order from them. Great customer service so far!

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
Update on my order from E-ACCA. Ordered JAN-21. They ordered it from the dealer, and its supposed to arrive to their facility on FEB-04. Since I want it to deliver before I leave for vacation, they told me they would reach out to me once my order has been packed, so we could go over different shipping options. This is my first order from them. Great customer service so far!
Interested what shipping costs look like

Slowmk7.5

Ordered mine Jan.16th, no updates. I keep checking my order but the status hasn’t changed..

Slowmk7.5

The 2018 and older GTI's had 2.5" catback piping.
The 2019 and up GTI has 2.37" catback piping.
I found this out when I bought a used 2019 catback to use some parts from, and the piping was smaller than my stock 2018 catback.
(Confirmed on USA cars in my video.)

So the same question. Does the TCR muffler have 2.37" piping or 2.5" piping. Less-observant people might not even notice the slight difference, and they might have a tiny mysterious leak.
If indeed the TCR is only 2.37”, does this mean I can’t use the oem clamp to install it? Even if I tighten it down to the max? I have a 2018

Last edited:

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
If indeed the TCR is only 2.37”, does this mean I can’t use the oem clamp to install it? Even if I tighten it down to the max? I have a 2018

I think you'll be okay. I think the TCR muffler is confirmed to be a direct fit for 2018 models, but not on 2019s.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Can someone that owns one measure the TCR piping? This muffler is on my short list for my 19 GTI.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie

you can usually get away with the same clamp for 2.37 or 2.5, but they do make perfect size clamps for each, which is preferrable. 60mm vs 63mm.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
Can someone that owns one measure the TCR piping? This muffler is on my short list for my 19 GTI.
TCR axle back is 2.5" as is 2018 GTI exhaust piping

I think you'll be okay. I think the TCR muffler is confirmed to be a direct fit for 2018 models, but not on 2019s.
This is true.

TCR axle back is 2.5"
2.37" is said to be 2019 USDM mk7.5 exhaust piping diameter. I suppose you can use 2.5" oem piping clamp but it might be a wonky fit (potential exhaust leak and wobbly connection)

Last edited:

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
What?! Oh man. I guess that means when I receive my muffler, it will need to be welded instead of clamps. I'll keep you guys posted. I'll probably go buy a caliper after work to measure my pipe diameter. Thats just super strange to me that they would change the exhaust piping for 1 year. You'd think they would have done that with the facelift to MK7.5.