GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Piping is 65mm. TCR muffler bolts right up to the GTI 7.5. Just like the CSS did for the 7
That Video is more or less what convinced me to go this route. My old 2015 GTI had the AWE Track and I just wanted to try something different this time around.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Nice. Any drone at freeway speeds?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Watching the ozzy video, it doesn't seem to drone with factory DP.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Will keep you all posted on whether or not it drones with resonator delete and stock downpipe WHEN mine gets here. I'm assuming it will and plan vibrant resonator but we will see.

Last edited:

Slowmk7.5

Ordered a TCR exhaust as well from e-acca, still in “order placed” status from last week. I’ll be re-installing my original resonator at the same time when the exhaust comes in.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
That Video is more or less what convinced me to go this route. My old 2015 GTI had the AWE Track and I just wanted to try something different this time around.

I'm interested in your comparison between these two exhausts. I also had an AWE Track Edition on my '16 GTI with DSG and it bothered me how it would drone at lower RPM's. I ended up selling that exhaust. Now I have a '19 6MT and was thinking about the TCR upgrade.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
I'm interested in your comparison between these two exhausts. I also had an AWE Track Edition on my '16 GTI with DSG and it bothered me how it would drone at lower RPM's. I ended up selling that exhaust. Now I have a '19 6MT and was thinking about the TCR upgrade.
Kind of the opposite of what I've had. Went from 2015 6 speed mt to 2019 with 7 speed dsg

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Kind of the opposite of what I've had. Went from 2015 6 speed mt to 2019 with 7 speed dsg

How funny lol. Yeah, please keep us posted. I would love to hear your thoughts on both exhausts.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Ordered a TCR exhaust as well from e-acca, still in “order placed” status from last week. I’ll be re-installing my original resonator at the same time when the exhaust comes in.

Please make a video! I'm curious if this muffler is going to make my neighbors hate me or not.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
When I first bought my car an AWE Touring exhaust popped up for sale locally. I then realized that MK7 and MK7.5 had different spacing for the rear tips. AWE quoted me about $320 for the MK7.5 Y-pipe shipped. My concern was if I was going to have to buy the track conversion as well since I dont plan on running an aftermarket downpipe for awhile. I just ordered the TCR exhaust from E-Acca just now. Hoping it arrives before I go on vacation next month so its not sitting at my door step for 2 weeks. I'm curious to know if its going to be similar in volume to stock DP and AWE Touring, which people have complained to be too quiet.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
When I first bought my car an AWE Touring exhaust popped up for sale locally. I then realized that MK7 and MK7.5 had different spacing for the rear tips. AWE quoted me about $320 for the MK7.5 Y-pipe shipped. My concern was if I was going to have to buy the track conversion as well since I dont plan on running an aftermarket downpipe for awhile. I just ordered the TCR exhaust from E-Acca just now. Hoping it arrives before I go on vacation next month so its not sitting at my door step for 2 weeks. I'm curious to know if its going to be similar in volume to stock DP and AWE Touring, which people have complained to be too quiet.

I would love to hear your comparison and obviously the results. What's the time frame when you order from E-Acca?

Slowmk7.5

I placed my order last Thursday, haven’t heard anything since. First time I order from e-acca, my status is still “ order placed “.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Been on the fence about this. Seems like a good exhaust to not break the bank.. and guaranteed Mk7.5 fitment.
I'm in Huntington, WV. So not to far from you. If your down and around the area, let me know so you can hear it in person. PM sent about our meets.