Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Def post a video!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
What’s the difference vs the ClubSport S muffler?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
What’s the difference vs the ClubSport S muffler?

From videos it looks like it is the CSS muffler, just with wider spacing for the tips to accommodate the 7.5 diffuser.

Curious as to how much the front lip and rear diffuser are.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
will this have the same problem as the CS muffler where a reducer is required to run it on a regular GTI? or did they bump up the exhaust diameter for the TCR to match the GTI and CSS?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
will this have the same problem as the CS muffler where a reducer is required to run it on a regular GTI? or did they bump up the exhaust diameter for the TCR to match the GTI and CSS?

No idea about the CS muffler but the CSS muffler never required any reducer. Just cut and clamp. Same would apply here.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I see you also have the IS38 turbo. How much of a differnce did you notice when you swapped out the stock IS20 and put the IS38 in? Was it night and day?

I don't have a dedicated tune as it's being run off of a JB4 only for now, but yes quite the difference. You lose the low end torque from the IS20, which I actually like because it would just spin the wheels. With the IS38 it's a lot more linear and well suited to the GTI in my opinion. You also don't lose steam up top past 5,000 rpm like the IS20 would. It's quite the beast on the highway.

I just listed to the NewGermanPerformance TCR car at H2oi, can say if the muffler is the same its interesting. There are like cats at the very tips?

Car in question is the european model GTI TCR (facelift Clubsport S). What you saw from NGP is a ready to go racecar you can get from VW (https://volkswagen-motorsport.com/en/customer-sport/golf-gti-tcr) and yes - it has race cats.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
No idea about the CS muffler but the CSS muffler never required any reducer. Just cut and clamp. Same would apply here.
Yeah but the tcr seems to be more similar to the regular clubsport in that it has 290hp and not the 306 of the CSS. Not sure if the engine/exhaust differences carried over there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk