GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bosch Icon OE Wiper Blades?

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I purchased some new blades using the Bosch Icon OE blades as they were readily available. I had difficulty using the Bosch mounting hardware that came with the blades. Close, but not quite right. I ended up prying off my old hardware and installing on new blade. Anyone using the Bosche Icon OE blades and is that what you did or am I not understanding something.

Attachments

• bosch1.JPG
    bosch1.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 4,421
  • bosch2.JPG
    bosch2.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 3,360
  • bosch3.JPG
    bosch3.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 3,590

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, the Bosch OE work just fine on our cars. That's what I replaced mine with a couple of months ago. I'm not home now but I think that I had to either put on another adapter for the Bosch or take one off in order for it to fit. After doing so, it worked perfectly.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I picked up a pair of 26/18OE Bosch Icon's off Amazon and couldn't get it to fit, but like you said, it was close. I ended up just returning them...

Now Amazon has updated their note to say ONLY USE ICON CLEARMAX 365 for 2016 Golf.

I've been too lazy to find the right one so I ended up just using my old wipers. They're still decent and it hasn't rained as much recently lol.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
I looked up my receipt and I used the Bosch 3397007863. If that's different than the OE that you're holding then my mistake. It's a two-pack that contains the 26 and the 18.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Yes, the Bosch OE work just fine on our cars. That's what I replaced mine with a couple of months ago. I'm not home now but I think that I had to either put on another adapter for the Bosch or take one off in order for it to fit. After doing so, it worked perfectly.
Pretty sure I also have the Bosch icon and they fit perfectly. I will check tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I looked up my receipt and I used the Bosch 3397007863. If that's different than the OE that you're holding then my mistake. It's a two-pack that contains the 26 and the 18.

Starting to make sense. That part number is the Bosch Aerotwin which is slightly different than the Bosch Icon OE. The Bosch website shows both Icon and Aerotwin as working for the MK7 GTI, but for the Icon they have "installation instruction: Only use ICON clearmax 365". Clearmax is a Bosch rubber treatment per website. However, it could be referring to the Clear Advantage line of wipers that includes adapters. The Icon does not have adapters, nor does the Specialty OE Aerotwin as that one does not need as it actually fits. Aerotwin is the one, Clear Advantage may work (someone reported it didn't), Icon no unless you swap over adapter. Clear as mud... but I just need to remember Aerotwin at next change. Thanks for the verification; I was beginning to doubt myself.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Starting to make sense. That part number is the Bosch Aerotwin which is slightly different than the Bosch Icon OE. The Bosch website shows both Icon and Aerotwin as working for the MK7 GTI, but for the Icon they have "installation instruction: Only use ICON clearmax 365". Clearmax is a Bosch rubber treatment per website. However, it could be referring to the Clear Advantage line of wipers that includes adapters. The Icon does not have adapters, nor does the Specialty OE Aerotwin as that one does not need as it actually fits. Aerotwin is the one, Clear Advantage may work (someone reported it didn't), Icon no unless you swap over adapter. Clear as mud... but I just need to remember Aerotwin at next change. Thanks for the verification; I was beginning to doubt myself.

If it makes you feel better, when I order wiper blades for cars through my parts supplier programs / websites, they often list wiper blades that don't fit the style of wiper arms the car I looked up has, even when I do a VIN search. It can be a pain in the ass to get the right ones.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
George, personally I have PIAA and they are great, anyways ECS sells the Bosch as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I thought the OE wiper blades are Valeo? Where does Bosch get off calling theirs "OE" if they're not an actual OE supplier? Maybe in some other market.

"OE" as in "OE quality," as opposed to "performance" or whatever buzzwords they use to up-sell windshield wipers.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I just went through this with Amazon. Had to return them. You have to make sure the packaging says Clearmax 365 on it. Then it will have the correct narrow adapter for our cars. I ended up having to pay a lot more at a local parts store for them. Good news is, they work fantastically.