GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boot tap recommendations?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I was going to get the ECS plate for stealth look but too much labor just to install it. Any other tap like APRs will work. I went with the ECS since it has 3 sources in case I need it for anything else. You just do not want a MAP tap.

Willywonka

Ready to race!
The Ecs and apr are the nicest. I had the new south with the gauge kit and that boost tap was ugly. Worked but wasn't staying in my engine bay. Bought the apr one because the Ecs one wasn't out yet. Like 0bLiViOuS said don't buy a map one. They found it could mess with the readings. Apr's first boost tap was a map one but then they redesigned it. I believe they also gave free new style for returns of the old style.

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
This?

Through multiple design revisions and product testing, our team of engineers found that other methods of acquiring a manifold signal, such as spacing the MAP / IAT sensor on top of the intake manifold, lead to skewed data being transmitted to the ECU. We found that intake air temperatures were reading lower (15-20° F at WOT), ignition timing was off (as much as -5°) and air /fuel ratio was richer (+1.0 point by 5,000 RPM). This directly translated into engine power dropping by as much as 6 WHP on an untuned vehicle!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep that's why you don't want the MAP spacer. They're pretty much the same honestly. I just liked the option of ECS having 3 taps on theirs. If you ever think you'll need a second tap, then don't go APR. I don't think I will ever use more than one honestly, but I never know what the future holds