GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost pod over steering column?

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Hey guys, not sure if anyone else preferred this style but do they sell the boost gauge pod that sits over the steering column anywhere? I cannot for the life of me find one on the mk7 but loved it on my 6. You literally don't need to take your eyes away from center. Never understood the mass appeal of the vent pods. I still want to use the vent! No restrictions!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
There is one for an MK7 that slips over the top of the steering column. A couple of people here have it. I can't remember the name (or who had it), but it definitely exists!

Edit: Found it!

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/non-vent-gauge-pod-solution.376313/

Dude, that's the exact kit I had on my mk6 and loved it. That boost gauge is designed to have an OEM look (at least on the 6). It's awesome. Especially at night where the color lit up matches the OEM gauges. So this is saying, the mk6 kit works perfect again for the 7? That's crazy. I mean, I'm surprised it fits over the steering column again but I suppose there isn't much to it... Hmm, now to decide between going back to the one I had and loved or the other one above that looks pretty simple but it also does show the wire... Hmmm.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Dude, that's the exact kit I had on my mk6 and loved it. That boost gauge is designed to have an OEM look (at least on the 6). It's awesome. Especially at night where the color lit up matches the OEM gauges. So this is saying, the mk6 kit works perfect again for the 7? That's crazy. I mean, I'm surprised it fits over the steering column again but I suppose there isn't much to it... Hmm, now to decide between going back to the one I had and loved or the other one above that looks pretty simple but it also does show the wire... Hmmm.
Not perfect but fits.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Not perfect but fits.

If I just have to use some 3M to hold it down, I think that's fine. I also have the steering column pulled out enough for it to fit. I never have it all the way in, nor all the way out. Just right.

Some people might complain of the quality/look of it but cmon, it's not ultimately all that noticeable behind the steering wheel. I think the positioning of the pod is perfect.