GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Operated Blow Off Valve - Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Available for release very soon!

Boomba Racing is proud to announce our Boost Operated Blow Off Valve for the 2015+ MK7 GTI.

This kit will replace your weak and leaky OEM bypass valve in favor of something much more up to the job. The Boomba Racing Boost Operated Blow Off Valve comes with everything you need [including a manifold boost tap] to install on your vehicle for a true plug and play installation. It features 100% vent to atmosphere operation and billet aluminum construction with a brass piston to ensure leak-free operation for years to come.

The Boomba Blow Off Valve uses an ECU controlled solenoid that provides the blow off valve with both vacuum and boost pressure. Using boost to close the valve keeps it sealed no matter what the boost pressure is. The higher the amount of pressure, the stronger force there is keeping the valve closed. Vacuum is used to keep the valve open in this configuration. This with the combination of the ECU controlled solenoid prevents the valve from any fluttering or premature opening. This also works to eliminate any unwanted pressure spikes during venting. The purpose of this blow off valve is to prevent turbo lag and allow the car to hold boost in a steadier manner. When the throttle plate closes, excess boost pressure is vented so that the turbo can continue to spin during higher RPMs rather than surge from backpressure. The blow off valve is tested to over 75 PSI to ensure leak-free operation. The electrical connection on the provided solenoid matches right up with your factory wiring and there is no need to splice or trick your ECU with resistors.

Don’t hesitate; pick up lost power by replacing your factory BPV with a Boomba BOV, today!

As always this product is designed and manufactured 100% in-house in the USA.

Available in your choice of color: Onyx Black, Royal Blue, Race Red, or Pure Aluminum

Introduction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3kkJY3Or4c

Installation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxdMcSoYkMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudv7B0KWvE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntcg36_rmPo

Last edited:
interesting. i wonder though if the ecu controlled bov is as annoying as it is on the focus st. mine would cycle while on cruise control or at autobahn speeds. very annoying. it would also open and stay open at low rpm

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
interesting. i wonder though if the ecu controlled bov is as annoying as it is on the focus st. mine would cycle while on cruise control or at autobahn speeds. very annoying. it would also open and stay open at low rpm

My CTS turbo one did this on the MK7, local guy to me just installed the Boomba spacer, waiting until he puts more miles on it to get his reaction before I think about messing with another DV modification for the 5th time.

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

This BOV is controlled through our solenoid, not through the ECU. Due to this, it will vent in it much more normal fashion rather than the ECU which has a tendency to make the vehicle vent often. This will operate more like a traditional BOV.

My CTS turbo one did this on the MK7, local guy to me just installed the Boomba spacer, waiting until he puts more miles on it to get his reaction before I think about messing with another DV modification for the 5th time.

The benefit to a piece like this rather than the spacer is that this no longer utilizes the plastic BPV. Our BOV is billet aluminum with a brass piston. Definitely more longevity in this unit.

Let us know if you've got any questions.

this is the same bov as used on the focus st right? if so it has a good sound

Very very similar to that piece.

But there are no reports of people's stock dv's going bad. They are solid and even hold stage 3 power with no apparent issues.

This is more of a preventative measure and an upgrade done in favor of replacing something of lower quality. Not sure if you've ever pulled the stock BPV apart, but it is just plastic with a small spring and no real internal seals. Our piece offers full bullet aluminum construction, a brass piston, and multiple o-rings.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Interesting that your solenoid takes a boost line, most others just run off the vaccum pump tap.

Does this improve the opening and closing of the valve in some way?

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Interesting that your solenoid takes a boost line, most others just run off the vaccum pump tap.

Does this improve the opening and closing of the valve in some way?

The way our valve is set to operate, it is also using both boost and vacuum sources. The vacuum is used to pull the valve open, while the boost pressure is used to keep the valve shut. Due to our design, the more boost you are making, the more pressure there is keeping the valve closed. Due to this style of operation, our valve can hold up to 100 PSI of boost. The spring we use also works to ensure there is no strange operation of unwanted fluttering or venting.

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
So if someone was already running your boost tap for a gauge...they would need an additional T-fitting correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
The way our valve is set to operate, it is also using both boost and vacuum sources. The vacuum is used to pull the valve open, while the boost pressure is used to keep the valve shut. Due to our design, the more boost you are making, the more pressure there is keeping the valve closed. Due to this style of operation, our valve can hold up to 100 PSI of boost. The spring we use also works to ensure there is no strange operation of unwanted fluttering or venting.

Does this mean this blow off valve is strictly mechanical thus removing the ECU control from the loop? Or does the ECU still have ultimate control over the valve?

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
What's the cost?