GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Booked in at dealer, few issues

I've got my car booked in next week with the dealer to try and sort out a few issues which are:

1 – There is a noise from the clutch when I release it, almost like a clicking noise
2 – When the car is first started from cold it idles roughly, even if it’s not cold outside but has been sitting a while and the engine cold when started it is rough
3 – There is a sort of squeaking noise coming from the engine area when the car is first started and again when the engine is turned off, I’m aware there is some noise expected (possibly due to a fuel pump) however this is an unusual noise
4 – There is an intermittent noise from the lock mechanism on the fuel filler flap when unlocking/locking the car
5 – I am also having issues again with the touch screen stereo where on the cooler mornings the screen is freezing and won’t respond, I think this is a few times now this has been looked at.

Just wondered if anyone else has had any of these issues? The touchscreen has been a pain for a number of years. Also not sure what or if they'll do anything about the lock on the filler cap, it's a horrible noise when it happens!

aeozyalcin1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have number 1. I dont think it's a problem, just your clutch hitting the flywheel. I can also hear my transmission when cluctch is released.

No comments on the rest :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I never had the frozen screen - my issue was the USB input or 'jukebox' hard drive randomly playing the first track of the album beginning with 'A' no matter what you selected - i really got rather sick of Abba...

blower

Ready to race!
I never had the frozen screen - my issue was the USB input or 'jukebox' hard drive randomly playing the first track of the album beginning with 'A' no matter what you selected - i really got rather sick of Abba...

Just be grateful it wasn't Agadoo do do!

Dealer

Well, car still in since Thursday. Phonecall on Friday "we need to order a part, should be ready Monday", Phone call Monday "You know we were ordering a few parts, and Monday was a holiday, it'll be Wednesday"!

Starting to lose patience as it's nearly a week they've had my car, and they haven't explained what parts they are ordering. First call it was a part then second call it was a few parts

Booger_Davis

Passed Driver's Ed
My car does the squeal at startup thing, have been told it's the secondary air pump and is normal. If you find out different, please be sure to post about it.

So, car back yesterday. Quick update:

Number 1 - New sensor of some sort and bushes? fitted in the clutch
Number 2 - "Technician" confirmed rough idling, solution was software update
Number 3 - Noise squeak from engine area, technician stated couldn't hear it, I tried to let him hear it and it didn't do it :-(, intermittent fault
Number 4 - New solenoid fitted to filler cap lock
Number 5 - Another software update done for the stereo, that's number 3 or 4 ? as well as a previous replacement screen.

Just another observation, car is normally vacuumed and washed however not this time, car dirty and dirty hand prints where parts were fitted. Also had some sort of chalk pen on the drivers side window which was wiped off badly.

Happy some things are sorted !

JakeFromStateFarm

Ready to race!
So, car back yesterday. Quick update:

Number 1 - New sensor of some sort and bushes? fitted in the clutch
Number 2 - "Technician" confirmed rough idling, solution was software update
Number 3 - Noise squeak from engine area, technician stated couldn't hear it, I tried to let him hear it and it didn't do it :-(, intermittent fault
Number 4 - New solenoid fitted to filler cap lock
Number 5 - Another software update done for the stereo, that's number 3 or 4 ? as well as a previous replacement screen.

Just another observation, car is normally vacuumed and washed however not this time, car dirty and dirty hand prints where parts were fitted. Also had some sort of chalk pen on the drivers side window which was wiped off badly.

Happy some things are sorted !

I'm glad you got some stuff taken care of!

Woah your dealer washes your car when it's in? Mine just gives me a token for a free wash/vacuum next door and I have to bring it in :/ (#firstworldproblems)

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I'm glad you got some stuff taken care of!

Woah your dealer washes your car when it's in? Mine just gives me a token for a free wash/vacuum next door and I have to bring it in :/ (#firstworldproblems)

I had warranty body work performed. In the body shop a week.
I told them and told them to not wash.
They did not wash but each person who did something on the car asked "Are you sure he does not want it washed?"

The mechanics who did some work after painting asked the Service Manager. One of the Service desk guys asked the person helping me, but here assured them I did not want it washed.
So, I picked up my car and it looked like hell with dust all over it but no one washed it.
Funny how one can smile when seeing a dirty car.:D

Booger_Davis

Passed Driver's Ed

As mentioned earlier what you're hearing may be the secondary air injection pump, and it only kicks in when the motor is cold to offset the initial rich fuel condition. Once it warms up the fuel mixture leans out and it's no longer needed. So it's neither intermittent nor a fault.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7738522-How-Secondary-Air-Injection-Works

I've still got most of the issues! Fuel filler cap is ok. Still noise from clutch, idling rough etc. I'm fed up with the problems this car has, seems never ending. I've emailed VW, won't cross my fingers though