GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bonnett Bra

paddypool

Ready to race!
curious to know if many have used or use one?
I think their ugly & in one sense your minding the car for the next owner...
My MK6 bonnet got peppered with chips no matter how I took care to keep distance from vehicles in front, which has me 'slightly' thinking of getting one.

Last edited:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
There's really no need for a bonnet bra, there ugly an only really required by tits........don't be a tit......

Well put - hideous things :rolleyes:

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
They look shit, yes clear vinyl type protection is an option but although helps prevent chips it could cost about £1000 to protect your car and when you wax or polish it the residues of treatment can work into the edges of the vinyl.

There is no great fix, bra or vinyl have downsides. Personal choice is just to get chips or scratches repaired. Yes it's rubbish but it's the best looking option.

VW Golf 132

Passed Driver's Ed
Iv a white car and a white bonnet bra and im very happy with it, it saves the bonnet a lot and i think looks ok too, cause color matches.

IMG_0968.jpg

VW Golf 132

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh yes it will wreck the paint if not looked after it right.
It must be removed when washing the car
Must be both dry before putting it bk on
But before that. Bonnet needs to be polished so that dirt won't stick to it between washes
Bonnet bra must also be looked after, that there is no dirt or dust on it when putting it bk on.

So far iv mine a year on the car and did 40,000km and when I take it off and wash the car, there is not a mark on a bonnet or a stone chip!

It is a pain to remove it every time and wash them both and make sure no dust under it and polishing the bonnet every time, but by doing it right, it will not leave any marks or damage.

Some people get lazy and don't bother taking it off when washing the car!!! And that's when dirt and dust get between bonnet bra and bonnet and starts causing damage !