GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bolt Ons, Hoses, etc.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
it is funny to me that everyone seems to claim "there is zero evidence inlet or intake or piping" gains any power when plenty of people have done these dyno tests if look around

here can see the gains on a mild is38 car what a few turbo inlets gain on the dyno

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
then here is another dyno test for the ECS piping kit (which i do not recommend AT ALL, seriously do not get this EC kit, I only show it as an example. ECS fitement is terrible and the piping will knock into other parts of your motor and cause the ECU to think there is knock and pull timing) on another is38 car showing 7-8whp gains through the curve, which also matches up roughly with what I have heard Ed say on gains from EQT intercooler piping kit

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...arge-pipe-kit-wrinkle-black/009037ecs01-01kt/

especially on an is20 car either of these mods will make even smaller gains and they are not cheap, so I'm not saying they are a good use of $ because they aren't but they do add a little power, maybe 5-10whp in total between both depending on how much power your car makes before

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
then here is another dyno test for the ECS piping kit (which i do not recommend AT ALL, seriously do not get this EC kit, I only show it as an example. ECS fitement is terrible and the piping will knock into other parts of your motor and cause the ECU to think there is knock and pull timing) on another is38 car showing 7-8whp gains through the curve, which also matches up roughly with what I have heard Ed say on gains from EQT intercooler piping kit

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...arge-pipe-kit-wrinkle-black/009037ecs01-01kt/

especially on an is20 car either of these mods will make even smaller gains and they are not cheap, so I'm not saying they are a good use of $ because they aren't but they do add a little power, maybe 5-10whp in total between both depending on how much power your car makes before

I have the ECS kit and don't have any issues with it. I think people might have issues with it due to install error.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i think its worth it for the fun of it; we enjoy modding cars that's why most of us do it. dollar for HP, no there are massiely better things you can do with your money and for the power, but in the long haul the little shit we do to our cars adds up i think. if nothing else makes a more fun car to look at, drive and listen to. might make the turbo last longer and spool faster.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I have the ECS kit and don't have any issues with it. I think people might have issues with it due to install error.

awesome, have heard of people having the pipes knock around (causing the ECU to pull timing and make less power) because the ECS kit doesn't retain the OEM attachment points, so it can bang around easier, so in my mind the EQT piping kit just seems better engineered, but if works great then that's awesome :)

the turbo piping kit and EQT turbo muffler delete also makes the turbo tiny bit louder which is fun too

if did both and picked up 8whp or whatever and tiny bit faster spool, I think you could feel an 8whp gain, I would bet that if a car gained 8-9whp throughout the power curve that might be worth a 0.3-0.50 more mph of trap speed, for what it's worth I have a Unitronic turbo inlet and will be installing the EQT piping kit, so I'm doing both, but I also seem to love wasting money on my car too so I'm not a good judge of money use hahah

but for sure just not doing all these little mods and saving up for an EQT turbo is way better use of $ for more power

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
EQT piping fits well. Loses a couple wiring mounting points but they were unneeded IMO anyways. Only very small issue with mine is stock airbox pushes slightly up against silicone hose at back left corner. I might pull off and grind it a bit, looks like plenty of meat there I can chew off and not cause issues.