GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Body work repairs

ewaf88

Passed Driver's Ed
From the photo below you'll see a s an indentation on the bottom of the rear panel and above scrape mark which goes across the rear panel onto the door.

Has anybody gone through VW repair shops and got a decent price or should I risk an independent.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_112306.jpg
    IMG_20200923_112306.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 78

cb1111

IIRC from my time in the UK, there are no "in-house" body shops, but they farms their business out just like anywhere else.

Ask for recommendations on your regional forum

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
From the photo below you'll see a s an indentation on the bottom of the rear panel and above scrape mark which goes across the rear panel onto the door.

Has anybody gone through VW repair shops and got a decent price or should I risk an independent.

Many thanks
"risk" and independent? I would switch your OP to "Should I risk taking it to the dealer and having them upcharge me out the ass for something that they are just going to outsource anyway, or take it to a local small business and support them directly?"

Just go to a PDR place, they'll take it out for probably less than 100 USD. Even though they are a PDR shop, many will fix the paint issues too for relatively cheap if you bring them some touchup paint.

cb1111

Some dealers have "in-house" body shops, but the majority of those are just staging areas and perhaps a place to do minor touch-ups - but aything that requires more than a few drops of touchup paint is sent off somewhere - and the dealer adds 20-50% to the bill to do very little.