GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Body clip is split. Impossible to remove without removing bumper

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Hi guys looking for advice, I was fitting my wheels and on the rear I notice my arch liner wasn’t aligned properly so I undid a few of the torx screws the while looking up in the wheel well I notice the clip what is on the body where the screw comes from the bumper to the body it has a slight crack in. The thing is to change u would have to remove bumper and it seems like it’s covered in seam sealer. Is easy to change or not. Thanks in advance I’ve uploaded a photo u can’t see the crack but it is there

Attachments

• 91419ACE-D0BB-4EAD-89E6-613C9C7AAD14.jpeg
    91419ACE-D0BB-4EAD-89E6-613C9C7AAD14.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 182

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Don’t know how easy it is to change or remove. If you took the car back to the dealer in the hope of getting it replaced under warranty, they’d probably say it’s the result of a minor impact and not a warrantable.

If the bumper’s correctly aligned and is firmly in place, then personally, I wouldn’t worry about it. Many cars probably have similar ‘hidden’ faults that owners are blissfully unaware of. If you hadn’t been changing your wheels over, then you’d also have been blissfully aware of it.

Last edited:

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Don’t know how easy it is to change or remove. If you took the car back to the dealer in the hope of getting it replaced under warranty, they’d probably say it’s the result of a minor impact and not a warrantable.

If the bumper’s correctly aligned and is firmly in place, then personally, I wouldn’t worry about it. Many cars probably have similar ‘hidden’ faults that owners are blissfully unaware of. If you hadn’t been changing your wheels over, then you’d also have been blissfully aware of it.
Wish I didn’t see it. Things like this sit on my mind I know it’s stupid.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
They are usually small plastic wall plug type items...which wheelarch is it??

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thankyou dave I appreciate your time to look this up.

No problems..in fact those clips are usually "split" due to the way they are made...like I said its like a Rawlplug...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So do u think it will need replacing??

If the screw screws in & out & is "solid" & does not spin & holds the part correctly, its all ok!

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
If the screw screws in & out & is "solid" & does not spin & holds the part correctly, its all ok!
Thanks mate I’ll leave then. And if the bumper ever needs coming off in the future I’ll replace it then. I’ll order some to have handy with the part no u supplied.thanks again mate