GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I am in the process of buying a new to me (aka, used) JB4 w/ BT for my '17 GTI. The first thing I plan to do is make sure the firmware is up to date, and then reset all settings (map 6, and others?). I've tried searching various threads but haven't found a solid answer to this - Does the app have a "reset" button? Or do I have to reset all of the settings manually based off of the first post in this thread?
I don't believe there is a reset button, but a firmware update may reset you to default. If not... They key things to set are:
Map 6: Zero all the way down
Boost Safety: Set it to something like 22
Fuel Bias: 100 all the way down
WG Bias: 0 all the way down (shouldn't matter)
Max Boost 1st,2nd,3rd gear: 0
6-Cyl Timing Setting: 0
All Bit options OFF.

TURBOED1

I don't believe there is a reset button, but a firmware update may reset you to default. If not... They key things to set are:
Map 6: Zero all the way down
Boost Safety: Set it to something like 22
Fuel Bias: 100 all the way down
WG Bias: 0 all the way down (shouldn't matter)
Max Boost 1st,2nd,3rd gear: 0
6-Cyl Timing Setting: 0
All Bit options OFF.

Thanks!

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Anyone else unable to connect after the latest android app update (A367)?
Luckily I have an old phone that has older version of app so I was able to set map 0 for my state inspection.
This is the reason I never update my apps unless I absolutely have too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221105-085358(1).png
    Screenshot_20221105-085358(1).png
    110 KB · Views: 44

1320str8liner

Anyone know how to confirm if O2 wire tap is connected properly? I have 2019 GTI and tapped the white wire as per instructions for 7.5 facelift. I read somewhere that when connected, AFR values should be 12-13ish, but I can't seem to find that post again. My AFRs values generally stay in the high 14s on Maps 1, 2 & 4, and sometimes jumps around from 3-22. Is this an indication that my blue O2 sensor wire isn't making a good connection? Should this value be staying pretty consistent? I only run 93 and car is bone stock except for Jb4.
Did you ever get an answer to this question, I’m curious myself. I’m looking to install my jb4 in the next few days

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Is there a way to unpair the JB4 from my account? I forgot to unpair it before removing it from the car.

I read that the JB4 is powered by the lower plug...the one under the AC compressor. Can I just plug that in and connect to the JB4?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Is there a way to unpair the JB4 from my account? I forgot to unpair it before removing it from the car.

I read that the JB4 is powered by the lower plug...the one under the AC compressor. Can I just plug that in and connect to the JB4?
Yes. You can plug it in to the PUT sensor (the bottom plug) and it will power up and you can do what you need to the device.