GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
yeah, I think I'll do that before I put it in the R. Thanks for confirming!

Map switching/logging/monitoring from your phone is what makes the JB4 setup special. Make sure you update any used JB4 to the latest firmware right after install.

ZoomnRx

'99 VR6
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Tried searching before asking but couldn’t find this specifically…on 7.5 GTI’s with the 7 speed, can we run map 4 safely? Looks like it peaks higher but tapers off more than map 3. Anyone tried this?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Tried searching before asking but couldn’t find this specifically…on 7.5 GTI’s with the 7 speed, can we run map 4 safely? Looks like it peaks higher but tapers off more than map 3. Anyone tried this?
Yes, it is fine to run. The taper is not needed on the GTI but some guys like the power delivery and use it.

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if I should post this here... I have a MK7 GTI with JB4 w/bluetooth. Its been working fine for several years. I connected to it a few weeks ago but today when I tried it says "no device detected" I've tried all the basics - toggling bluetooth on my iphone, uninstalled/reinstalled app etc. Any other troubleshooting steps I should take?

SaucyMuffin

Go Kart Newbie
Wanted to bounce this off you guys but I’ve been looking at getting a JB4 to tinker with on top of Unitronic OTS stage 2 software. I’m stuck with them and don’t want to trash it so I was wondering theoretically if I could get anything on top of it safely? Have all supporting modifications, fresh plugs, oil, superb maintenance record. I know I’d have to log first and get a baseline but would anyone have some objective opinions as to whether I could get a little more? Not looking to blow the thing up or push it to the max as I’m close to 70,000 miles of ownership now and seek to maintain the good track record. Thank you and take care.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Wanted to bounce this off you guys but I’ve been looking at getting a JB4 to tinker with on top of Unitronic OTS stage 2 software. I’m stuck with them and don’t want to trash it so I was wondering theoretically if I could get anything on top of it safely? Have all supporting modifications, fresh plugs, oil, superb maintenance record. I know I’d have to log first and get a baseline but would anyone have some objective opinions as to whether I could get a little more? Not looking to blow the thing up or push it to the max as I’m close to 70,000 miles of ownership now and seek to maintain the good track record. Thank you and take care.
Minor. Not worth it. Maybe a bit down low but the IS20 is pretty maxed out at S2

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Why are you running map 3? Did you read map notes? Are you running 93? Any E in tank? You log sorta stinks too. Only want to show 3rd WOT rolling into it.
Map 1: Tuned map with a average of 4.0psi over stock. This is the shipped map and is compatible for both 91 and 93 and can be used with cars on hardware.
Map 2: Tuned map with 5.0psi peak boost over stock. 93AKI/98Ron recommended
Map 3 Peak boost 6psi 93AKI/98Ron recommended
Yes I'm on 93 and no there isn't any additional E just what comes from the pump normally.

Thanks for the tip.

Shuk'n'Jive

Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI SE DIB
Anyone know how to confirm if O2 wire tap is connected properly? I have 2019 GTI and tapped the white wire as per instructions for 7.5 facelift. I read somewhere that when connected, AFR values should be 12-13ish, but I can't seem to find that post again. My AFRs values generally stay in the high 14s on Maps 1, 2 & 4, and sometimes jumps around from 3-22. Is this an indication that my blue O2 sensor wire isn't making a good connection? Should this value be staying pretty consistent? I only run 93 and car is bone stock except for Jb4.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
High 14s sounds high but is that full load/throttle. I'd think staying in the 13s above 3k under full throttles is what you're looking for.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I think 19s+ had a change to the ECM fueling tables and run a bit lean AFR-wise now. Check with George or contact Burger directly, but I don't believe it has anything to do with your JB4 or the AFR tap.