GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Oh and cheers to Burger? for constantly tweaking and listening to customers. The map 3 thing was an unexpected treat for those that can use it.

JariP

Ready to race!
I'm interested in getting JB4 to my 2018 GTI PP 245hp with 7-speed DSG, this is euro car and one of the last cars without the particle filter. It also has adaptive cruise control. I have a few questions if you dont mind.

Am I limited to using the map 4 because of the DSG? Any other limitations that I should be aware before purchasing? What kind of power should I expect with stock car or only intake elbow + modified stock airbox? Its also possible to get E85 here, but Im not sure can the car take it.

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
Why should you be limited to map4? Where did you get that? There is no limitation that I am aware of...

With map 1 you should reach around 270-280 hp.

With a proper map 6 you can reach stage 2 power levels of a flash tune. Around 300-330 hp depending an the gas you are using.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Map 3 and 4 are more aggressive for stock vehicles. Top plug and play options for 93 octane. Maps 1 and 2 can be used by anyone using 91 octane. Map 6 is custom and completely adjustable to take full advantage of any unique mods. When I said it was great to have 4 plug and play options, it did not mean it's all there is. From the OP.

Map 0: This is a stock map with JB4 logging ability. It is also the starter map for cars that are running flash tunes and are stacking the JB4.
Map 1: Tuned map with a average of 4.0psi over stock. This is the shipped map and is compatible for both 91 and 93 and can be used with cars on hardware.
Map 2: Tuned map with 5.0psi peak boost over stock. 93AKI/98Ron recommended
Map 3 Peak boost 6psi 93AKI/98Ron recommended
Map 4 Peak boost 6psi (Golf R and Audi S3 7speed DSG specific), it has a taper at higher rpm so will also work well for all on 93 in hot climates
Map 5 Absolute map peaking 25 tapers to 20psi. E30 with bolt ons needed. (not to be used on 1.8T or 2.0T Jetta)
Map 6: User adjustable boost map. The map comes preset with a 5.0psi over stock peak and is ready to use on any car running 93 octane. The preset map is also suitable for manual cars with clutch longevity in mind.
The mapping can be done in two manners. If the value at 1500 is kept below 10 it will work as a boost adder map. If the value at 1500 is higher than 10 it will work as a absolute map. This means actual total boost targets will need to be entered.
Map 7: Meth integration map using our FSB Meth controller
Map 8: This is a valet map/safety map where 50% of the boost is cut. It is also the starter map for cars that are running flash tunes and are stacking the JB4. It will give the ability to log the car via the JB4. This is also the safety map, so in any circumstance the JB4 detects a unsafe condition regardless of map it will default to this map. This includes knock detection, lean AFR or the boost safety value being triggered due to lack of boost control.
:)

JariP

Ready to race!
Why should you be limited to map4? Where did you get that? There is no limitation that I am aware of...

Sorry, I meant that If I'm using other maps, is there going to be somekind of problems with dsg shifts? Since this map 4 is sudgested to be used with 7 speed dsg box for some reason.

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
Since this map 4 is sudgested to be used with 7 speed dsg box for some reason.
Yes but as far I am understanding the description of map 4 it is specific for Golf R or Audi S3.

You will be free to play with the other maps. When you have purchased a JB4, start with a log on map 1 or map 2 and post it on the jb4 logging thread. Then we will see how it will go on

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Not only and is even indicated as such. For instance, when asked, George thought it would be perfect for my DSG Alltrack in hot summers. Map 4 is like Map 3 with a bit less boost beyond peak HP to stave off heat soak, timing pull etc. It will work on other models even though it was tweaked to 7 speed DSG sport models. This was in my post on the last page.
Map 4 Peak boost 6psi (Golf R and Audi S3 7speed DSG specific), it has a taper at higher rpm so will also work well for all on 93 in hot climates. What you'll also find is that these vehicles become individuals once near their limit of tweaking so try 2, 3 and 4 with the gas you'll be using and see which is fastest in the way you'll use it. Normal spirited driving or racing if that's what you do in map 2 to get her hot and then try the others to make sure your normal heat soak is in the equation. Personally I was very happy with map 3 but switched to 4 for peace of mind. I'd need to pay attention before switching back to see if can notice it. May do that in the summer to see if it's worse or better.

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
I've updated to firmware jb4_ea888_8_6 yesterday. For me the part throttle hasn't improved.

For example, your are on part throttle til 3k rpm and than you go wot, it's feeling kind of strange. With the earlier firmware the max boost kicked in very smooth. Now it is digital thing of full boost or nothing. 1 or 0. What could this be?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Anyone else having this issue where the targets aren’t being used despite them being imputed into settings? Like from 4500 up my targets are lower than what they should be.

I don’t mean target vs actual boost. I meant target vs target.
D45DEB88-1C2E-41D0-92B6-F2662CBA507A.jpeg
A0DEBD6E-90F6-4E96-8400-B8BE96F0120A.png

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
That sounds like the nanny... It prevents a target / load over 9-10 psi over ecu_psi. If you want, turn it of by setting 6-Cyl Timing Setting to 1.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
What’s everyone n20 setup is it supposed to be 1 or 0? Can’t find the answer

Attachments

• CD681228-EEDB-4FC1-914A-57365093289F.png
    CD681228-EEDB-4FC1-914A-57365093289F.png
    387.6 KB · Views: 462

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
As far as i know its a BMW thing for using an upgraded tmap sensor. It should be 1. Seems like your are using a different version of the app than me. Or it is because you are using IOS. In my app the thing is called "TMAP Setting"...

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
As far as i know its a BMW thing for using an upgraded tmap sensor. It should be 1. Seems like your are using a different version of the app than me. Or it is because you are using IOS. In my app the thing is called "TMAP Setting"...

yeah probably because iOS I wish this app was pointed more towards the vw croup or we had a different version of the jb4 app.

Also Side note I Ran a 2015 Gti Dsg with downpipe and apr stage 2 high torque file and was able to gap the car about 2 cars I'm running E30 on map 3 with a Downpipe

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Can someone post the Map 2 boost settings?
I'd like to see how they compare to the shipped "out of the box" Map 6 settings.

Map 2 is an additive map, +5 psi over ecu_psi. The point of Map 6 is to adjust, not to keep it at "out of the box" settings...