GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

DarkProphet

Passed Driver's Ed
Mostly yes, I am busy compiling the R side but same applies. On the R its a bit sensitive fuel rail codes at 60 Fuel open loop but we have only needed to use this when the turbo is maxed.

Sounds good, what would you suggest running for 93 octane with DSG? I was hoping to use map 6 with absolute boost to increase 1-3 power.

Also are the power gains similar to the gti?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Damn you, George! I didn't want to be spending any more money this year, but nooooo you had to make the JB4 $430, so now I have to explain to my wallet that it's going to be emptier than it had hoped. I can't wait to get an IS20 now.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Sounds good, what would you suggest running for 93 octane with DSG? I was hoping to use map 6 with absolute boost to increase 1-3 power.

Also are the power gains similar to the gti?

Start with your Map 6 settings and work your way up. There is more room with the fueling at high rpm. You are looking at timing pull mostly and trying to maintain the average timing curve which will vary based on IAT so a trend needs to be created.

On the R the JB1 does very well. Gains will most likely be around 5-10whp higher boost for boost. With the JB1 though you could not hold as much boost at the top fighting the taper. First user that went to the track with a JB4 R and a DP ran a 11 so the cars perform well with it.

1fastredsc

Ready to race!
Our IS38 GTI at 390whp runs stock DSG Flash. It is not required unless you want to change the gear change characteristics of the car.

George, i've been on the website for some time now and your posts are always highly valued. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Your contributions to this community are truly hard to quantify.

Now for a little clarity, i was under the impression that a DSG tune would also increase the clutch clamping pressure limit in order to ensure the clutch doesn't slip under the increased boost levels. Is that impression incorrect?

Kylemoney01

Ready to race!
Will any of the maps auto clear codes for those of us with a catless downpipe? Also what is the best/aggressive map on a car with a cold air and downpipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
George, i've been on the website for some time now and your posts are always highly valued. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Your contributions to this community are truly hard to quantify.

Now for a little clarity, i was under the impression that a DSG tune would also increase the clutch clamping pressure limit in order to ensure the clutch doesn't slip under the increased boost levels. Is that impression incorrect?

The clutch pressure limit is a selling point used by many tuners. To date how many post have we seen of DSG clutches slipping on GTI's.
The TCU of the car contains torque limiters. By getting the feedback from the ECU in a flash environment the TCU has the ability itself to limit torque and boost hence the TCU flash becoming a requirement above a certain power point.
With the JB4 the ECU will feedback stock torque values so this never becomes a issue.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Will any of the maps auto clear codes for those of us with a catless downpipe? Also what is the best/aggressive map on a car with a cold air and downpipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe map 6 will be the most aggressive if you dial it in to be. Could also be the most mild too

LastDragon

Ready to race!
Sooo... I know it's been implied but not flat out said I feel like.. (sorry if I missed george saying it)....is the jb4 completely undectable by dealerships/VW if they do any sort of digging whatsoever no matter what jb4 maps/features/settings we use???......

Thankssss

Last edited: