GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Got rear ended by a aemi. Luckily it was stop and go trafficw so it wasn't going too fast. I'm not handy so only parts I pulled from old car is Cobb AP, ethanol sensor, map sensor. Didn't even bother removing intake. So basically all my mods are lost. At least got a decent settlement because of current car market.View attachment 231645
uhhhh.. is that the truck's plate in your bumper??

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm considering purchasing an IE downpipe. Can the JB4 be tuned for it or do I have to go with their tuning solution?

The JB4 can't tune for the downpipe, nor do you want anything to "tune for" the downpipe these days. You'll need to mess with a O2 sensor spacer to avoid a CEL from the high flow cat. After that, you can use the JB4 to raise the boost.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
The tap is used to skew the fuel reading to add fuel. You'll likely want this eventually if you're going to be running past map 1. The AFR display will and should work without the tap (I don't have a tap).

I think you need to check your connections. Make sure you have the right AFR gauge up etc.
Crap...lol. it was switched to afr2 somehow. Don't know how that happened. Switched to afr and reads now.

wisconsinbrew

Car(s)
16 A3 2.0t , 15 GSW

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
Which flash tune? Are you stacking with the JB4? Because your overall boost seems low, although I've never seen a stacked log.

You desperately need an intercooler.
Flash tune by Atomic Motorsport in Brazil!!! Im stacking with JB4!!! I didnt understand about overall boost seems low....:( My intercooler is stock!! What do you think about fuel, it´s rich or lean?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Flash tune by Atomic Motorsport in Brazil!!! Im stacking with JB4!!! I didnt understand about overall boost seems low....:( My intercooler is stock!! What do you think about fuel, it´s rich or lean?
Is that E30 fuel? That's a hefty amount of timing for a 2.0. Turn the boost up 1 psi from 5500 up.

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
Is that E30 fuel? That's a hefty amount of timing for a 2.0. Turn the boost up 1 psi from 5500 up.
Yes. E30 fuel!! I'm wanting to go up 1 PSI in the entire range to test, maybe 2psi between 2000.......4000 I'll send the log with this setup!!
I would like you to help me know if the car will be rich or poor in fuel!!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yes. E30 fuel!! I'm wanting to go up 1 PSI in the entire range to test, maybe 2psi between 2000.......4000 I'll send the log with this setup!!
I would like you to help me know if the car will be rich or poor in fuel!!
I don't find adding boost in the 2000-4000 range super useful because you will rev through that area very quickly. If you plan on doing driving where you're doing a lot of turns, adding boost in the 2000-4000 range will be nice. 4500+ is there you'll see more gains on the highway.

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
I don't find adding boost in the 2000-4000 range super useful because you will rev through that area very quickly. If you plan on doing driving where you're doing a lot of turns, adding boost in the 2000-4000 range will be nice. 4500+ is there you'll see more gains on the highway.

Thanks for the answer!! I will run some tests and send the log here!!!!

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
Do you think that if you increase 1 PSI from a 4500+ boost there is no danger of running out of fuel?