GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Can definitely feel the car is pulling harder, the fastest draggy I have done on just apr map was 12.39 @ 174km/h at 12°C, with the new values I did a 12.26 @ 177km/h bur it was 26°C. 0-100 was 4.11sec

the fuel values I got from me just trying to keep the AFR as close to 12.0 as possible.

What does the fuel bias do at 50?
Fuel bias at 50 should make it richer. Can tweak it later.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I have a question, in 4th gear at 6000 the throttle is dropping to the 80s, the pedal position stays at 100 but the throttle value drops just before shifting, any idea why and how To overcome it
It's possible you're hitting some sort of ECU limiter. I'm not familiar with this behavior. Maybe @Diggs24 knows.

RN_MK7.5R

Car(s)
2017 MK7.5R DSG
It's possible you're hitting some sort of ECU limiter. I'm not familiar with this behavior. Maybe @Diggs24 knows.
ABAE3F2F-09FB-4B6F-B940-0C9BF8AB4B8F.jpeg

It is dropping throttle just before shifting

What13

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I am moving my JB4 from a 2015 GTI to a 2018 GTI. Do I need to update the firmware?

Currently Firmware version: 60/80//5

App build: 2.5.1 (9541)

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I am moving my JB4 from a 2015 GTI to a 2018 GTI. Do I need to update the firmware?

Currently Firmware version: 60/80//5

App build: 2.5.1 (9541)

Moving to latest firmware is a good idea, but just changing cars won't require updating firmware.

Spade

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen
So I had been using original JB4 firmware on my Gen3 1.8T Jetta then switched the unit to my GSW 1.8T.

Rough idle in cold weather and addition of map 3 led me to finally updating the firmware.

I was on Map 2 as indicated by memory and the software. However I couldn't switch to map 3.

I tried all maps only to have map 1 select. None other. No going back to map 2. After quitting and restarting the software won't connect. Checked my COM port; correct one still selected.

Is this a known issue of firmware ruining JB4s?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Downpipe and modified airbox only (IS20)

Map 1: https://datazap.me/u/will/jb4-map-126?log=0&data=1-2-4-6-9-11&trim=0&tmin=0.25&tmax=173.77
Map 2: https://datazap.me/u/will/jb4-map-2-0?log=0&data=1-2-4-6-9-11&trim=0&tmin=224.25&tmax=363.63

Looks fairly good to me, only thing I'm concerned about is my IATs are fairly high and only drop to about 20F above ambient at full tilt...Would like to get that down to 10-15. It was only about 60-65 this night if I recall. Map 2 it appears I start pulling timing at about 4600rpm, hits 6' at 6000rpm (where I normally shift) then 9' at 6400rpm. As I understand timing, those seem like good #s to me. Curious as to why timing dips back down to 2.5' between 5400-5800rpm though...

Car(s)
2018 GTI
Hi guys. I ran into an issue today and I have no idea where to begin solving it. I have a 2018 GTI with a JB4. Today I went to change maps and the bluetooth won't connect. The app just sits there trying to connect. I checked all the cables on the unit and everything looks fine. It's been working fine since I bought it ~6 months ago and I can't think of anything that's happened lately that would cause this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: Actually, I just realized I installed Android 12 recently. Could that possibly cause an issue? I wouldn't think any bluetooth related API calls would have changed, but who knows...?

Last edited:

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Always look to what you changed last. Android 12 is still in beta for a lot of phones. Even after general release, Google has a propensity to break stuff and fix it later, so this would be my first place to look. Does it pair to the phone?