GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I did a couple of pulls today with the new FW on Map3! Whatcha think?

https://datazap.me/u/risingfallens/today’s-pulls?log=0&data=1-4

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I did a couple of pulls today with the new FW on Map3! Whatcha think?

https://datazap.me/u/risingfallens/today’s-pulls?log=0&data=1-4
Need to put the foot all the way down but looks ok otherwise but probably hot so not much timing advance.

datazap.me | Risingfallens | Today’s pulls

If you have E85 around I would start blending 2-3 gallons/tank to get better timing advance and have some KR buffer, log to see if you need to raise FOL.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Need to put the foot all the way down but looks ok otherwise but probably hot so not much timing advance.

datazap.me | Risingfallens | Today’s pulls

If you have E85 around I would start blending 2-3 gallons/tank to get better timing advance and have some KR buffer, log to see if you need to raise FOL.
Awesome! I just filled up with 93 so I don’t have the room for it right this second. Think I should stay Map3 or start messing with 6?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Awesome! I just filled up with 93 so I don’t have the room for it right this second. Think I should stay Map3 or start messing with 6?
Stay map 3 but you can add E85 when you have enough room in the tank, it will blend and bond with the gas on its own.

dmsyr

Ready to race!
Don't have too much fun, a little Ethanol really wakes these cars up! I made 325/363 full bolt on with my e30 map6

dmsyr

Ready to race!
I was looking at the MAP5 for the e30 blend. Did you run e30 without an e-sensor?
Correct I did not have an Ethanol sensor so it may not have been a proper e30 blend.. I just put 3-4 gallons of e85 and topped off with 91. Ran the car like that for months with zero issues.

I didn't really use map5 though. Tried it a few times. Map6 was my kill map and I usually drove around in map3

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Correct I did not have an Ethanol sensor so it may not have been a proper e30 blend.. I just put 3-4 gallons of e85 and topped off with 91. Ran the car like that for months with zero issues.

I didn't really use map5 though. Tried it a few times. Map6 was my kill map and I usually drove around in map3
Do you still have your map6 numbers? I saw you’re EQT STG2 now, but Looks like we run similar mods. Id be interested and trying it out!