GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Can you see the boost levels from the preset maps? I'm using a laptop and not the phone app.

Also...is there a prefered platform for the phone software? My main phone is an iPhone...but I also have an Android device.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
No. If you looks at map 6, it's the same as map 2 up top with less boost at lower rpm.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
No. If you looks at map 6, it's the same as map 2 up top with less boost at lower rpm.

Oh ok.

I got my JB4 used...so I believe my Map 6 is from the previous owner. I dare not use that Map 6 😁. So the other numbers around the User Adjustable Settings like FOL, boost safety, etc have nothing to do with the preset maps? I'm on Map 2 right now.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Oh ok.

I got my JB4 used...so I believe my Map 6 is from the previous owner. I dare not use that Map 6 😁. So the other numbers around the User Adjustable Settings like FOL, boost safety, etc have nothing to do with the preset maps? I'm on Map 2 right now.
yes, those setting have affect on ALL maps.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Can I just leave these numbers?

JB4 fol.png

Here is the Map 6 that the PO set.

map 6.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'm in So Cal so 91. I've have to add 3.5 gallons of E85 to get 93. Stock intercooler and Wagner downpipe. I'm planning on the ECS IC...but they won't have stock till September. With the heat were having now...I'm thinking about putting it back to Map 1. I can try getting some logs one of these nights.

Is 93 available in Vegas? I don't recall ever seeing it.

Last edited:

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I haven't seen this reported, so here goes. 2018 GTI Autobahn. JB4 with BT, 8.5.1 revision.

Whenever I have JB4 Mobile connnected (Samsung Galaxy S9) with the gauges up, and the auto lights switch on or off from the DRL's, it crashes the JB4 Mobile app. Just knocks it right out. Restarting the app works until the next headlight switch, when it crashes again. This is during the daylight hours when switching from DRL's to lights on and vice versa. It does not do this when switching beams from low/high or high/low at night.

I've had no response from support so far. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
that spike you see seems to be in direct correlation with the boot jumping rapidly from 2800 to 3000 to chase the targets, it also doesn't want to hit targets till 5k. And the targets below 2900 are not getting close at all? have you run an additive map6 before.

translux

Ready to race!
that spike you see seems to be in direct correlation with the boot jumping rapidly from 2800 to 3000 to chase the targets, it also doesn't want to hit targets till 5k. And the targets below 2900 are not getting close at all? have you run an additive map6 before.
Thanks for quick reply.
Yes I ran map 6 for sometime then switched to map 1 when the clutch was slipping. Here is a log from late 18’
https://datazap.me/u/translux/jb4-log-11318?log=0&data=1-4

digimotors

Hi all.
My 2015 gti definitely has a wastegate issue. With 108k miles it probably makes sense to replace the entire turbo. I have a JB4 and apr downpipe so I’m considering an IS38, seems like it will be the same price. Can the JB4 properly tune an IS38. Not concerned about that last hp just want to run reliably with no engine codes. Thanks in advance.